Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, has anyone ever seen/installed unusual lug nuts? If so where'd you get them? I'm thinking five pointy spikes would look really cool, or maybe something anodized the same color as my bike (red.) Nothing turns up on ebay or any of my usual online haunts. Thanks!

Scott

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Umm... not sure exactly what you are asking about.

Most motorcycles don't have "lug nuts".

What are you calling "lug nuts" ?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whatever you call them that hold the rear wheel together. I have five of them. On a car they are called lug nuts. ON my bike they hold my pulley (or sprocket if you have one) on.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Ok, gotcha.
Yeah, they don't hold the wheel on or together, they just hold the sprocket on.

All they are is flanged nyloc's. Nothing special about them.

If you want anodized, just pull them off and take them to an anodizing shop. They should be able to anodize them with no problem.
It should be relatively inexpensive.

As far as spikes or the likes, I've never seen anything like that,
but you could always make your own.
Buy some replacement nuts and weld some heavy stainless rod on them
or regular heavy gauge rod and have it anodized or powder coated.
Since you can't weld the nylocs without burning the nylon out of them,
I'd suggest getting some flange nuts and a lock washer.

·
Registered
209 Posts
silvershadow55,

If you use somethng that you've made up yourself and aren't able to use nyloc nuts, make certain you use something like Loctite on them.

John

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh yeah... me and loctite are bestest friends...

I'm looking for something a little easier than welding rods on to nuts (I'm not a welder anyway) but thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes they have them, I found some here too, that could be a little more exciting: www.workingclasschoppers.com. I have the belt drive and like it a lot. You lose a little acceleration due to the low gearing but she'll run at lower RPMs on the highway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.