Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a square tube luggage rack on their VLX 600? I'm looking at a Hondaline #08L42-MZ8-B00

and could use the dimension between the mounting tabs as well as the distance between the holes (up and down). I have a sissy bar but am not sure if it is a Hondaline and need the dimensions to see if it will fit.

Thanks -

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have one at home as part of a Sissy bar/luggage rack I was going to sell on ebay. I can at least measure it for you and let you know. The one on my bike iwll be hard to measure without removing.

If it fits, I can certainly give it to you for cheaper than $102. I was going to sell the whole sissy bar/rack combo for only $110. It's not Hondaline, so unless your a stickler for that, might be a good option.

I'll try to take some pics and measurements tonight for you...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. The reason for the Hondaline is that I think my sissy bar is Hondaline, it came with the bike, from what I see it looks like a Hondaline rack would just bolt up to it. Pictures and the dimension would be great, if it would fit I would be interested in it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with the backrest/sissybar thing, guess I forgot about it when I used the "S" word! My backrest looks a little different, it slips into some square tube with the screws on the inside only, nothing showing on the outside and my mounting brackets are under the fender supports. Even so, it looks like a Hondaline rack might fit if the width is right, just would need a little modification.
Thanks -

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.