Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started modifying my frame a bit today (grinding off some tabs) to open up the mid section of my bike. I am looking for the rat/bobber look and the plastic cover over the batter/electronics area just wasn't cutting it. I will be using an old lunch box
like this one to house the battery and coolant bottle. I plan on modding the box so that all the connections are on the outside of it and so that the top and bottom are held together by two old brown leather belts that closely match my seat. Has anyone else done this yet?

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Finally got started on this, should have photos by mid week. Its looking pretty solid.
post some pics when you get this done! i love bobbers, i would like to see how this turns out. sounds like an awesome and creative idea to me :D

·
Registered
121 Posts
What did you use for the license tag/brake light relocation? Did you buy a bracket or fab it yourself? Looks great...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
What did you use for the license tag/brake light relocation? Did you buy a bracket or fab it yourself? Looks great...
The bracket is off ebay (the seller will custom cut one for you and paint it or leave it bare metal for no extra cost). The tail light is from lowbrow customs. Both are very well made. The tail light can be found here and the bracket
here. The guys at low brow are great and the ebay bracket maker was a good guy too.

*The license plate bracket needs to be modified slightly to have the light mount properly (it took about 10 minutes).

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
looks good man! you got yourself a good lookin' bobber!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts