Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new here. I bought a 2000 Shadow Sabre about a year ago and thought I could rewire everything that the previous owner jacked up. Without any electrical knowledge. Genius. That said, I got an M Unit blue and I’m having trouble writing up the stock controls, particularly the starter button. Anyone done that before and can point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
'83 VT750C; ‘21 SV650A
3,594 Posts
Not many of us have the MUnit, but a lot of that stuff is REAL fun, even WITH electrical wiring experience… IIRC, the MUnit should have a terminal on it labelled ‘Start’, which would be for the wire coming from the button. However, you’ll want to do some reading up because the Shadow (my older one, anyway) passes current through that switch to run the headlight. It’s a separate circuit, though, so it may be a non-issue.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
20,029 Posts
Everyone that is modifying their electrical is going down the unknown path until it all works.
Here is the operation of the start circuit. The M unit should send power to the yellow/red wire, and it will crank if all the safety switches are grounding at the proper time.

Rectangle Font Slope Parallel Schematic

Reactions: ntanders11
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.