Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a lot of years and I don't know how much time I've spent waiting on the big brown truck to bring me parts. I went to a local retailer just to check. 160/80-15 isn't much of an on-the-shelf size tire size so I had to order. They had a Dunlop in stock but it was a full $40 more than an Avon delivered to the door. How do retailers compete with that? So for the mean time there she sits.
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Premium Member
7,678 Posts
I'll see your rear, and raise you 1 front. Have the new tires, tubes, rim strips, and just waiting for a good day to do it. No screws for me, just time to get rid of the old dunlops. Manual says to remove the exhaust but I was going to remove lower shock bolts and try either up or down with swingarm like it appears you've done also. If so, what way did you have to go with the swingarm?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Smilie I ended up dropping the swingarm. Remove the lower shock bolts and it comes down plenty to clear the mufflers. Much easier than removing the exhaust I believe. I'm really glad I did because the left shock bolt isn't really a bolt but a pivot and it shows signs of needing grease badly. Of course you have to raise the bike high enough to wiggle the tire/wheel off anyway. Being a spoke rim it wasn't nearly as tightly seated as a tubeless but still required a large C-clamp to break loose.

·
Banned
5,100 Posts
Smilie I ended up dropping the swingarm. Remove the lower shock bolts and it comes down plenty to clear the mufflers. Much easier than removing the exhaust I believe. I'm really glad I did because the left shock bolt isn't really a bolt but a pivot and it shows signs of needing grease badly. Of course you have to raise the bike high enough to wiggle the tire/wheel off anyway. Being a spoke rim it wasn't nearly as tightly seated as a tubeless but still required a large C-clamp to break loose.
I believe that's how the Dealers do it too.

Even on my Shadow Aero with the low rear fender they didn't have to take off the exhaust. They removed the Shock bolts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts