Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
'97 Spirit 1100 - Chandler, AZ
654 Posts
I guess these guys are likely a sub-contractor for a manufacturer.
OK - The process is indeed interesting to watch, but...
Open-toed footwear and no eye protection.
No guards or fences on the machinery pulleys/belts.
Lack of work benches requires repetitive stooping and squatting on the shop floor.
Child labor.

Damn!

· Registered
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
4,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are whole bunch of Indian motorcycle manufacturers, if that's where this is, Including Honda and some of those tanks look pretty Honda-ish.
Most Royal Enfield I've seen had tanks with a knee relief.

One mustn't discount that these tanks maybe for export.

· Registered
44 Posts
I don't think those are Enfield tanks, judging from the Enfield web page I see from here in the US. The reason I say that is that none of the tanks have the little indent on the sides where the strip was spot welded for ....attaching a badge? The Enfield tanks all show a smooth tank in that area where "Royal Enfield" is written. edit: re-watching, I see some of the tanks have that divot and some are smooth. :unsure:

Pretty interesting, watching all the processes, especially the one at the end where the guy whaps the corner in the underside of the tank (12:40). :ROFLMAO:

· Registered
2013 Honda Shadow Phantom 750
4,801 Posts
OK - The process is indeed interesting to watch, but...
Open-toed footwear and no eye protection.
No guards or fences on the machinery pulleys/belts.
Lack of work benches requires repetitive stooping and squatting on the shop floor.
Child labor.

Damn!
Are you an OSHA employee???

Those things caught my attention quickly too. I have been in manufacturing almost my whole working career and I was shocked, and I am not a crazy safety person.

The process is interesting, I still cannot get over the working conditions. Gonna have to watch it again.

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
'97 Spirit 1100 - Chandler, AZ
654 Posts
Are you an OSHA employee???

Those things caught my attention quickly too. I have been in manufacturing almost my whole working career and I was shocked, and I am not a crazy safety person.

The process is interesting, I still cannot get over the working conditions. Gonna have to watch it again.

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, definitely not OSHA, have worked in electronics all my career.
Have visited/ISO-audited manufacturers around the globe, but not yet in India.

Couldn't believe the welders with no eye protection, let alone anybody else in that place.
You've gotta wonder how many fingers/toes/limbs have been lost in that place between the exposed belts/pulleys and razor-sharp metal edges.

Throw in extreme temperatures and makes for a real hell-hole.
As bad as we may sometimes think things are here in the USA, Canada and UK, glimpses such as these show us how lucky and blessed we truly are!
That said, it is amazing to watch the process and throughput!

Here's a similar video with workers making gigantic machinery gears.
Checkout the guys w/wheelbarrows and the poor SOB with the bowl adding flux to the molten mix.
Again, those of us in the developed world really are blessed:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts