Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This afternoon I was out working on the lawn, raking leaves and Pine Needles. (For some reason the Oak is dropping a ton of leaves right now.)

When I had finished my lawn I looked over at the place next door to mine and shook my head. The place has been empty for about three months now and before that the owners didn't do a blasted thing in their lawn so it is now well covered with leaves. The Park doesn't seem overly eager to do anything about it either. (Even though they do own the trailer now.)

I walked over and started raking up that lawn. It wasn't easy and I was using bags quickly, filling them and stacking them alongside the road for pickup tomorrow. Someone must have said something because here came the Property Manager in his Golf Cart wanting to know what I was doing. After I had explained that his guys didn't seem interested in doing the work and that I was tired of looking at the mess he just kind of shrugged. Climbing back into his golf cart he spun the wheels getting out of there.

Well when the wheels spun one of them caught onto a piece of tree branch laying under the leaves. That branch hadn't been laying there too long as it wasn't rotten and when the wheel caught it the branch spun around and whacked me on the outside of the ankle. My bad ankle. Right above the knob of the ankle. Son of a B***h that hurt. (The branch was about as big around as a shovel handle.)

Now that ankle is called my bad ankle because in the past I have had a break in it as well as Cellulitis bad enough that I almost lost my foot. (You could have called me stumpy on that one.) Now it has impaired circulation and is highly sensitive to pain.

To his credit the Property manager stopped immediately and then brought me to the E.R. He covered the E.R. expenses with his card. Several X-Rays later we're informed there are no breaks but the bone is bruised. I was offered some pain killers, (No thank you.) and released.

So now I'm sitting here with my swollen ankle throbbing and bruised. Walking is uncomfortable but I can do it.

The nice thing is the Property Manager sent his grounds crew around to ask what I needed done. I gave them a short list and they got to work. Now the lots of both empty trailers on either side of me a re raked and clean. The trailer behind me has also been pressure washed and is no longer green. Tomorrow they will be bringing in a crew to take down the dead Pine behind our place. (I didn't mention why it died.)

Man this ankle smarts.

Cat

·
Registered
932 Posts
Why don't you folks use them hurrycanes to clean up around your trailer parks like the folks in Kansas do with the tornaddies?

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
Why don't you folks use them hurrycanes to clean up around your trailer parks like the folks in Kansas do with the tornaddies?
:shock: Yea...them tornadoes like mobile home parks and Walmarts...for some reason. Actually they are also fond of outbuildings and grain silos. :lol::lol::shock:

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
This afternoon I was out working on the lawn, raking leaves and Pine Needles. (For some reason the Oak is dropping a ton of leaves right now.)

When I had finished my lawn I looked over at the place next door to mine and shook my head. The place has been empty for about three months now and before that the owners didn't do a blasted thing in their lawn so it is now well covered with leaves. The Park doesn't seem overly eager to do anything about it either. (Even though they do own the trailer now.)

I walked over and started raking up that lawn. It wasn't easy and I was using bags quickly, filling them and stacking them alongside the road for pickup tomorrow. Someone must have said something because here came the Property Manager in his Golf Cart wanting to know what I was doing. After I had explained that his guys didn't seem interested in doing the work and that I was tired of looking at the mess he just kind of shrugged. Climbing back into his golf cart he spun the wheels getting out of there.

Well when the wheels spun one of them caught onto a piece of tree branch laying under the leaves. That branch hadn't been laying there too long as it wasn't rotten and when the wheel caught it the branch spun around and whacked me on the outside of the ankle. My bad ankle. Right above the knob of the ankle. Son of a B***h that hurt. (The branch was about as big around as a shovel handle.)

Now that ankle is called my bad ankle because in the past I have had a break in it as well as Cellulitis bad enough that I almost lost my foot. (You could have called me stumpy on that one.) Now it has impaired circulation and is highly sensitive to pain.

To his credit the Property manager stopped immediately and then brought me to the E.R. He covered the E.R. expenses with his card. Several X-Rays later we're informed there are no breaks but the bone is bruised. I was offered some pain killers, (No thank you.) and released.

So now I'm sitting here with my swollen ankle throbbing and bruised. Walking is uncomfortable but I can do it.

The nice thing is the Property Manager sent his grounds crew around to ask what I needed done. I gave them a short list and they got to work. Now the lots of both empty trailers on either side of me a re raked and clean. The trailer behind me has also been pressure washed and is no longer green. Tomorrow they will be bringing in a crew to take down the dead Pine behind our place. (I didn't mention why it died.)

Man this ankle smarts.

Cat
:shock: Seems to me you kind of slow there Cat. I'd a already called him a M*therf*cker and been beating his shiftless ass with the stick before he stopped. :lol: I've lived in a few parks in my day...and why are the owners always pieces of sh*t? What is that? :shock:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hope you feel better but I have to ask:

What the ##ll is this: "When I had finished my lawn"?

Haven't seen that since December and as Mark said later it is snow, ice, snow, ice, and more snow!!!

·
Registered
12,291 Posts

Haven't seen that since December and as Mark said later it is snow, ice, snow, ice, and more snow!!!
DUDE!!! Starting to see some green again, tho!!! And I don't mean the type you roll!:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

LOL

I live just a touch south of you. We don't deal with the snow like you do, then again you don't deal with the Hurricanes like we do. (Or the tourists from up north.)

Cat

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
LOL

I live just a touch south of you. We don't deal with the snow like you do, then again you don't deal with the Hurricanes like we do. (Or the tourists from up north.)

Cat
I was telling Eric today that you can always tell who the Yankees are because they will be wearing shorts and a T-shirt in 60° weather when you folks are wearing your winter jackets!:D:D:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts