Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a company,(Mapam), in ITALY, that makes REALLY NICE looking forward controls for Shadows....even MY year which is almost impossible to get parts for.
Is there anyone out there that has any experience with this brand?
They sure do look nice...and they're only $260.00!!They even look easy to install...that makes me worry. :roll:
So I'd appreciate any input on these before I take my sled to have them installed on.
THANKS!!
Zoo ~~~^..^~~~

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just put these on my bike. They are great! Move the controls about 4 in. forward making it very comfortable to ride.

The instructions are not the best. More of an exploded view of the parts. It took me about 2 hours to complete.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
re

So it's safe to say that if a guy has ANY mechanical ability at all...these can be figured out pretty easy? AND do you have a copy of instructions/exploded view? THAT I would appreciate immensly! You can e-mail me directly at [email protected] with those....
Thanks again to all of you,
Zoo ~~~^..^~~~

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just put these on my 98 ACE. I am really happy with them. Go to Cruiser Customizing web site and look up the controls. There a lot of reviews on them, and installation advice. I got mine from a dealer on ebay for $235 shipping included.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
forwards would work best for me, being 6'6" and all. but for two reasons:
1) usually the cost is prohibative, but those seem resonable...
2) nerve damage to LT foot (from auto wreck) makes it hard to lift on upshift, so I need the heel-toe. So far, no one makes that option... :(

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
forward controls

Yeah I bought mine on ebay for $260 with free shipping. They look awesome & I'm glad to hear everyone seems pleased with them...as far as a heel shifter part.....you try having a look at them?Maybe you could easily weld the needed piece in and rechrome...just a thought.
Thanks again all!
Zoo ~~~^..^~~~
8)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I believe they do...go on ebay and do a search for a seller called "Bikertoys"...he's got them and you can tell him Dana Sent ya...
I hope this helps.
Zoo ~~~^..^~~~ 8)
[/img]

·
Registered
11 Posts
Has anyone tried these on an ACE with Vance Hines pipes? I really need to move the controls forward, but I am worried the aftermarket pipes are going to be a problem.

Thanks
Wheat

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ive got a 95 1100 ACE that had some V&H pipes on it when I got it. I bought some MAPAMS and they did NOT fit. The right side/brake side, you could get the rear screw in but the bracket wont roll far enough to get the front screw in due to pipe.
I made a widget at work to adapt and all was happy....until.
My pipes sprung a leak (cracked) and I replaced them with V&H straight shots. Turns out that the originals were installed wrong, after following the directions with new pipes there is now ZERO room to install widget and MAPAMs still wont roll enough to get front screw in.
Had to get crash guard and highway pegs, would have rather had forwards.
Anybody want to buy a set of MAPAMs for$235 shipped?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
forward controls

Yeah I am REAL happy with them. I think I even get a more positive shift with these. Plus they look pretty nice. The price was awesome too.
Zoo ~~~^..^~~~ 8)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.