Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
I heard that on the news, too. It will affect my future purchases.

·
Premium Member
8,930 Posts
****Sigh... Lovely :roll:

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Melamine in milk, lead paint in children's toys, etc. I doubt it.
I agree with Smilie man. Those Chineese are looking to cut corners for profit...bottom line. Believe me, they'll figure out a way to ruin the Perelli legacy. Give it 2 years and Perellis will be viewed as cheap tires like Kenda. All due respect to the folks here who ride Kenda's...but Pirellis they are not.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
It got me thinking so I went to the Bridgestone site to find out where they make their tires. They have plants all over the world making various things, including in China. It's getting so you can't figure out where anything really comes from. I never did find the origins of my tires. Next time I have her out I'll have to look on the tires.

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
The Pirelli MT66's I have on the Rebel were made in Brazil.
You're OK, they have hot women in Brazil. LOL
In this day and age it's kind of ridiculous to look at a 'made in' tag I suppose. Show me the quality. We all may wish 'Made in USA' meant something anymore, but it's a rare item that is ... I own (3) what I'd call vehicles. The Honda ACE was made in Ohio, my Honda Pilot was made in Alabama, and my John Deere tractor was made in Wisconsin. I am doing my part...I think. ;) Where was your Honda made? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Honda_assembly_plants
By the way, chances are if your Honda motorcycle was manufactured after 2008 it was made in Japan.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
I try to do 'my part', I drive a Jeep Cherokee, the wife drives a Ford Taurus. I assume my '06 was made in Japan since it has Made In Japan cast into the case covers.

The truth of the matter is it is truly a global economy anymore. The time when The United States was the only industrial power undamaged from WWII is long gone. The rest of the world caught up and we don't have a lock on industrial output any longer. Add into the mix that a large percentage of Americans are lazy and feel they're entitled doesn't help...:roll:

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
I don't think it will effect the quality of tires they put out. If anything they will put more money into it to make them better.
Depends if the tires are still made in Brazil or relocated to China and their labor. Quality standards in China suck as they push for output not quality to keep costs very low. I'm glad I bought my Brazilian made Pirelli's this year :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.