Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm Tom and new to this forum, I have a 2001 ACE 750 That I bought last year. I want to get some forward controls to stretch out a little and would appreciate any input on the Mapam's if someone has them on their bikes, I'm 5'9" and these are supposed to move your feet forward 4"..I bought some highway pegs and they don't seem to do the trick they just move your feet up instead of out further............Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have the Mapam controls on my VLX, and for the most part, I love em.
My skinny feet seem to have a hard time staying on the rubber rings that run on either end of the pegs, and the aluminum shaft allows a bit too much vibration to come thru my foot
Other than that, they make for a much more comfy ride !

·
Registered
628 Posts
I have the Mapams on my ACE, they've been on coming up on three years. They're great! The comfort is better, and they're holding up really well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice bike

Thats what I wanted to hear, that somebody likes them, by the way I have the same year and color as your bike. Gotta love a two tone. Thanks for the reply .........Tom

·
Registered
94 Posts
Be warned that Mapam is a sibling company to Rizoma, and Rizoma has been experiencing quality control issues lately (wrong sized parts, mismatched parts like a raked lower tree with an un-raked upper tree, etc). As a result, Mapam started experiencing similar issues lately...we had a guy at the Rebel forum who affectionately refers to his sissy bar as "the ever shrinking backrest" as the supports keep breaking in different places each time. It started off at the normal height with a fair gap between the pillion and pad, now it's flush with the pillion.

Just make sure you buy them from a place that has a friendly return policy.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Howdy neighbor .. from Allentown Pa :D

Cant say much for those exact forward controls, but i am also 5'9" and put 4" forwards on my Spirit. 4" is perfect for my height. If you do get them, they should fit you great, you'll love em!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts