Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Earlier this afternoon I took my bike over to a lube stop to get an inspection. When I arrived there were a his-n-her pair of Ultra Classics sitting in the bay getting a sticker. They were darn sure shinny. It remained me that I need to wash my Spirit after riding in the rain yesterday. The attendent came out and told to pull in behind the other folks. He would open the other end of the bay to let them out. Instead of going out the other end the man backed the bikes out as his 5' nothing(read short) wife put on her gloves and glasses. The attendent motion to them that they could go out the back, but the man just ignored him. I pulled in and nodded a greeting, they in turn smiled and nodded back.
I passed barely, the attendant had issue with my rear tire. With over 10,000 miles on a Metzler the tread indicators were showing. Made me wonder if they were actually worth the extra $$. Well anyway, the inspector commented that I actually ride my bike. He said that the pair with the Harley's had less than 5000 miles and they were only 05 models. He also informed me that that was the case with all the HDs that came in. The Goldwings that show up are the bikes that have the mileage. One old 'wing customer that comes in has over 200,000 miles on a GL1500. He makes a few trips to Alaska a year.
I know that there is a bunch of bikes of all makes that get a ton of use out there. It just amazes me that the bikes made for the long haul are used as trailer queens and bar hoppers. The reason the HD riders didn't go out the other end of the bay was because of a puddle water. It wasn't that deep I thought as rode into it on my way out.

·
Registered
512 Posts
lonestarrider said:
Well anyway, the inspector commented that I actually ride my bike. He said that the pair with the Harley's had less than 5000 miles and they were only 05 models. He also informed me that that was the case with all the HDs that came in...
Just depends who owns the bike... doesn't matter the make, I have a friend that has a HD Ultra Classic and he puts a ton of miles on it...

I have another friend who keeps is Honda 919 in my garage, and he has just over 800 miles on it, since 04.. :roll:

Hell, I watch the used bikes in the paper and on the net all the time, I've seen 1990 era Gold wings, with less than 2,000 miles...

The make of the bike, isn't going to make anyone ride longer or shorter... its up to the rider.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts