Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone ever meet up in Northern Virginia during times of the year like this? Looking to meet fellow riders for friendship and comraderie. Former military here. Have a 98 1100 Aero. Love sports, the outdoors, drinking beer, pretty much anything. Let me know. Love to make new friends. Also posted in local discussion.

Matt

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,277 Posts
A friend from Delaware usually meets me somewhere around there so we can ride the Blue Ridge Parkway together. This year we're planning to meet in Elkins, WV in the middle of June then ride over to the BRP to make our way to Cherokee, NC then on to Bryson City, NC. We're often (doubtful in 2015) joined by a friend from Woodbridge, VA for some part of our annual BRP ride.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds good to me! I would love to do that! I'm posting because I've found it hard to meet friends through work (work for a small company), I don't have any children that live with or near me, so no school involvement and my hours are long at work, so I usually get home late.

Just joined a group at church to get involved. And, pursuing other avenues. Be nice to have some friends that share an interest in cruising as well...

MAtt

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,277 Posts
Just joined a group at church to get involved. And, pursuing other avenues. Be nice to have some friends that share an interest in cruising as well...
There are a lot of different ways to cruise. Get hooked on long-distance riding -- as I have -- and you'll be planning 500-hundred-mile trips to get to where you're gonna ride.

Check for groups in your area. My Woodbridge, VA friend is in one called Colonial Cavalry or something like that. Don't know much about it except that he wears a patch and takes us places that the group takes him.

Besides the June rally in Bryson City, NC (not likely to be posted on HSN) there's also the East Coast Rally set for Princeton, WV in September. ptgb is organizing again. He usually gets something up on the board in the spring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.