Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I have done some looking around and reading, and I have learned a ton already from this lot! I do have a question regarding the Memphis Bullet fairing for my 09 Honda Shadow Spirit 750. Does anyone have pictures of this particular fairing on their bike, and if you do own it, how do you like the style and wind protection?

I dont like the look of the bat fairing on the smaller cruisers, and I feel like this is the correct fairing for my style. I've read several threads regarding these fairings, however not many people offer their personal opinion as far as how well these work, and the difference they make for the bike.

Any and all responses are welcome! Also, please don't hate me too much if there is already a thread about this. I couldn't find it if there is one.

·
Premium Member
7,691 Posts
I don't think you're going to get much wind protection from a bullet fairing. You'd be stylin' but still wind blown.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for mentioning the extra for the hardware... For some reason I had assumed the hardware would be included with the fairing itself.

I was kinda thinking the same as far as wind protection. I figured it wouldn't do much, but was hoping it would have some effect. Personally I don't mind the wind and so I can ride through it, but would be nice to have the option of cutting it down some on the really windy days.

·
Premium Member
7,691 Posts
If you want wind protection, go with a properly sized windshield. And even with a windshield, you'll still get air. Not a problem when it's 80, but 40* is a different ball game. I've just installed lowers and still waiting for the ice to clear so I can get out and test them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had been looking at other wind screens, but the look just isn't for me... I will ride in most weather, and the coldest I got down to was 32 degrees F here in Colorado on the highway. It isn't too bad so long as I don't sit for too long at a light. I'm taking advantage of this while I am still young and stupid I guess... I saw your prior post about the lowers and it looked like a great idea. I may try that out for next winter so I can ride more often.

·
Premium Member
7,691 Posts
Once I've had a chance to ride with them, i'll have a better idea of just how effective they are. I'm also hoping it will help the wife some at the pillion. Even with the 21" fats, she still gets a lot of buffeting off my helmet. I've found that most of the air I'm getting is off my legs. If I can get that knocked down some, i'll be happy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.