Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for comments from people that upgraded to the ME880 200/70B15M/CTL 82H from the stock size 170/80B15M/CTL 77H . Metzler lists this as a stage 1 upgrade. Does it change the way the bike sits since it is a 70 height instead of 80?? Any problems? Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
I love the 200/70... on my bike, the handling is way better than the stock tire. The traction on wet pavement is better as well.

You won't notice a change in the way the bike sits, the sidewall on the 200/70 is 4mm taller than the 170/80. It does however look much better from the rear.

The only potential problem is if you installed longer bolts into the fender to mount saddle bags, sissy bar, etc. Reach up in your fender and make sure the bolts do not stick through too far. There isin't much spare room in the fender with the 200 on there.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shadowunderground, Thanks for taking the time to reply, I think I will go with the wider tire

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I agree that it doesn't change the way the bike sits at all. Bike handles great and looks even better.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I agree with the rest of the fellows. I love the 200! It sits the same, but looks much better than the stock tire. It also has a greater load-carrying capacity, too. (Click the link in my signature to see what it looks like).

·
Registered
949 Posts
You mentoined load capacity , I was wondering.

What are some mods that I can install to add to the '06 1100 Sabre's load cap?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies and info. Ordered a set of ME880's today and went with the 200 in the rear. Only got 4600 miles on the original Dunlops and the cord is already hanging out of the rear tire.

Now if I can just come up with the cash for Progressive Suspension............

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got my new tires mounted and back on the bike. Boy do they look great sitting there surrounded by ice. Maybe get to try them out next week.

QUESTION: After remounting the wheels on my bike I was checking the clearence with the fender and noticed the wheel and tire are not exactly centered under the fender( about 1/4 inch to the right). Can't say I checked it before removing the wheel and I would have never noticed except under close inspection. Anyone notice this on there bikes????? 2004 1100 Spirit

1 - 11 of 11 Posts