Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy Metz tire for front, 110/90H-19, from cruiser customizing...is this the right tire, their part description doesn't say if this is for tube tires, how can you tell before ordering?...........

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Hey Blacksheep,

That tire will work on your bike. We have one on Leslie's Spirit 750. It fills the fender more than the stock tire, but we haven't noticed any rubbing issues.

Check the prices at http://www.swmototires.com before buying. They will charge you for shipping because you are only buying one tire...but they may be able to beat the price CC is offering. Make sure you order a tube while you are at it. You will want to put in a new one when you have your tire apart.

Joe

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
metz tire

Thanx, i will do that, so far CC had the best price and free shipping....tire is 97.00, everyone around here wanted 120 to 130!!!........i will let ya know.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Re: metz tire

Blacksheep said:
Thanx, i will do that, so far CC had the best price and free shipping....tire is 97.00, everyone around here wanted 120 to 130!!!........i will let ya know.
That is the price at SwMotoTires.com but they will charge shipping. If you buy two tires, they ship for free.

Sounds like CC is the better deal since they have free shipping.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your place was one dollar cheaper......plus shipping so i guess i will go with CC this time...just wanted to make sure i was ordering the right one for tubes........your place had the size as..........110/90HB-19.........what is the B for?.............Blackwall?

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
I haven't found anything about it yet. Maybe someone else knows.

One thing...if you are putting them yourself...make sure that you line up the red or yellow dot with the valve stem. It will make balancing the tire easier.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Probably just going to take front off myself and bring the tire to the dealer and have them do it, have to put fork extensions on anyways so i will do that while the tire is off......thanx for the help........

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
You are most welcome.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Most of all motorcycle tires now days are Tube/tubless. But a tube can be put in any of the motorcycle tires. What you can't do is to put a tube type only tire on a tubless rim, the bead won't seal.
"That's my understanding"
MarkC

·
Registered
236 Posts
Blacksheep said:
your place had the size as..........110/90HB-19.........what is the B for?.............Blackwall?
The B stands for "bias ply", which is what you want. If it has an R, is would be a radial tire.

Jim
2001 Spirit 1100

1 - 10 of 10 Posts