Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My family is going on a trip to Florida in Sept/Oct month, and is inviting me to tag along as there is a spare bed on the hotel reservation.

I thought I'd pop in here and ask if there was any of the jolly bunch here that lived in the neighborhood so that I could take the opportunity to meet a few fellow members.

So, any of you turnips from around there?

8)

· Registered
799 Posts
are you taking holiday in the orlando /daytona area?...... I live about 45 miles north east of orlando and about 25 miles south west of daytona..... if you get here me and my boyfriend would love to show you some fine riding in these parts :)

· Registered
21 Posts
As an ex Brit, who has lived in Florida for the last 40 years, I will be away on the "Pacific Northwest" (west coast) of the USA ( about 3,500 miles one way from south florida) during the time of your visit, but hope that you have a great time over here.

I noted your quote that said, " And whatever's between? (miles and miles of swamp?)" . If you go on Google or any other search engine, it will give you lots of info on things that may interest you. For example, some of the best beaches in the world are along the stretch that you question as being a swamp.

As starters, it may interest you to know that Florida is just about the same size as the the whole of England. Just take a map of England ( not including wales and Scotland) and turn that map upside down. Now Cornwall or the 'west country' of England is at the top, and that part that points west is " the Florida Panhandle". The rest of the country just covers the other part of the Florida map.
This note may give you a better idea of distances over here, and is in no way meant in a nasty way.

Enjoy your trip over here, and please try to get some warm weather for us in the UK in late May /early June, when I will be visiting the UK again to see family once every year.

Cheers !

Harry.

· Registered
2,530 Posts
HEY TURNIP LOVER !!!

Don't think you will find many of those roots in FL. But you should still have a grand ole time. Too bad you can't come by St. Louis...Leslie and I would love you meet you.

Have fun and a safe trip. And watch out for the walking luggage (crocs and gators).

Stop by chat something...we are usually in there around the normal time...you know...1-2am for you.

Joe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.