Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught a rock today ridding in to work - and I mean I litterally caugh it.

PickUp truck about 3 or 4 car lengths in front of me kicked up a rock about the size of a golfball (mabe smaller). On a surface street, not highway going about 30 mph. I saw it fly right up at my face - just so happens I was adjusting the goggles and blind reflex just put my hand out - caught it right in front of my right eye.

Since my bike is a VLX, I wanted just a skull cap helmet. I don't really plan on long trips with this bike - tank is kinda small and I only get about 110 miles before the reserve kicks in. Plus, I live in Georgia where the weather is usually pretty good and we have a long ridding season.

Might have to rethink this tho, I really like my teeth...

Doc

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
If you are fine with reconstructive surgery, titanium bone replacements, skin and tissue grafts, then screw full helmets!

Humm never had any of that never had a full face or windshield either, Guess i'm just real damned lucky.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
(I'm glad everyone likes my good looks...)

In a perfect world populated by skilled riders and responsible cagers, minimal or no helmet might be OK but.....the problem is, no matter how good we are, other things determine our destiny.

We live in a world awash in: dogs, deer, elk, gravel, old people, drunks, road-ragers, fuel spills, stoners, cell-talkers, text-and-drive types, pre-occupied moms with kiddies, semi trucks and other entertainments.

Although mildly claustrophobic, I would never consider riding without a full face but admit to riding with my modular open below 25 mph.

·
Registered
666 Posts
That's why I have a Memphis shield (set to where I have to look through it ), to much construction goes on around here not to have some kind of protection. Already have taken several hits to it, and legs. Man does that sting!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.