Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 Months almost to the day on 2 wheels. 3000 miles and some change so far. Nothing compares to rolling into work smiling as I wipe the bug carcasses from my face.

Thoughts so far. It's one thing to drive a car 500-600 miles a day, another thing altogether different on a bike. Front tire went flat on me at highway speed. I still haven't found my seatcover. :shock: Must be a slow leak. Got into the gas station and the tire still supported the bike w/o the rim touching the ground but wouldn't register at all on my guage. Don't know if it was totally down or the tire carcass is stiff enough to hold the bike. Filled it and grabbed lunch and rechecked it afterwards. All was well so I limped it on home about 80 miles or so, making frequent stops to recheck. Between last night and today it's lost about 5 lbs albeit very slowly. Needless to say the bike is officially grounded until further notice.

Probably not a good sign but my wife said, "Fill it and ride it, it'll be OK" :shock:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bill. Don't tell my wife but I think you have found the way to shut me up. :)

No pics yet. I've been too busy riding. When I get a phone that will take decent pictures I'll get some posted. Even if I had pics I've been working 75 hour weeks. Much too lazy to upload them. Ha ha.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
My mileage has been ****ty this year too. Not quite 7k this year. I had 9k by labor day last year. Kinda pisses me off but oh well. Thing have been different this year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.