Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, they just are. Its ridiculous to make people post 3 times before getting to other forum areas to post. Its an antiquated idea and should be removed.

There, I said it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Or they are there for a reason, but you being a new person wouldn't understand that. That rule was put on to deal with SPAM, and guess what. Its worked. If you don't like the rules, you don't have to post here. Pretty simple.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
So I see you read "How to Win Friends and Influence People"
Don't be a Schmuck. Get settled in and then gripe.

·
Registered
9,278 Posts
So I see you read "How to Win Friends and Influence People"
Don't be a Schmuck. Get settled in and then gripe.
Win. :D

And yes, it DID work. If making 3 posts so you can access the rest of the board is such a hassle for you, feel free to unplug yourself from the internet and not come back.

Seriously, you are b*tching about having to make 3 posts.

You'll fit right in! :D:D:D:p

·
Administrator
1997 Valkyrie Standard
11,154 Posts
Sorry, they just are. Its ridiculous to make people post 3 times before getting to other forum areas to post. Its an antiquated idea and should be removed.

There, I said it.
Thank you for your opinion. There are no present plans to remove new member posting requirements at this time, thank you.

·
Registered
116 Posts
having run a message board before, i can tell you that so many spambots sign up that it takes a team of moderators to deal with them. i can understand a high bar for full membership. the alternative is to have to wade through tons of spam posts, which nobody wants.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Can I jump on this train? It looks like a fun one to ride. *points and laughs at the fellow new member's discontent*

Seriously though, I am using my intro posts to ask some serious questions while I get to know my bike - like... why do my back breaks squeak (and how bad is that), and am I wearing the right kind of boots if my leg feels cooked (the answer is probably no).

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
what a baby.

there is a reason why it is the way it is. just respect it.

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
Yes, its very difficult to come up with three posts...

Buhahahahahahahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
423 Posts
I agree with the OP. I don't know when the 3 post rule was put in place, but the use of Captcha (picture/letter security code) should be enough to keep spam bots away. Otherwise wouldn't we be getting spam in the introduction forum? I do see it having a use in keeping trolls out, or people who have been banned from just making new accounts, and trolling right away.

But, I'm using this site for free, so whoever is paying gets to decide that!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.