Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of saddle bags from Branson Wholesale that I got on sale at a total price of 72 dollars. It proves that you really do get what you pay for sometimes

The bags have shown themselves to be made of a fairly strong, durable material, yet everything else about them is, IMHO, second rate. The Conchos(SP?) are starting to work themselves loose after 100 miles on the bike, the buckles used to secure the cover flaps requires an act of congress to get opened when wearing gloves and are made of cheaply chrome plated, easily bent metal. Two of the four retaining straps on the flaps look like they are brand new leather, the other two look like the had a run in with a homicidal belt sander funny thing is there is one of each, good and old worn out, on both bags.

All in all these are very serviceable bags, they are just going to require a little reworking to make them really good.

I would recommend Branson Wholesale to anyone that wants serviceable, but not quite great leather equipment for biking on a budget..

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bags themselves are fine, its the buckles and decorations that that make them pretty and useless that are sub par.

After I make buckles from some Alice clips and webbing they'll be ugly and useful again

:D

·
Registered
129 Posts
I got a cheap set from Jafrum, forget how much I paid. The bags themselves are fine, but the studs are rusting, even though I've never ridden in the rain. I guess just the moisture from being in the Cycleshell is enough to do it.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ha ha

The dog is my wife's, that skunk is one of the dog's ~50 ish beanie babies Or as I like to call them her welfare babies. I am trying to figure a way to claim them on my taxes :D

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Just apply for Social Security numbers....dependents, I think they call them. Don't laugh.........many have done this although a few maybe in jail. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bullzeyet

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bullzeyet said:
Just apply for Social Security numbers....dependents, I think they call them. Don't laugh.........many have done this although a few maybe in jail. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bullzeyet
yeah, well me and the SS office (read Nazis) are not on good terms right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts