Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have drag bars on my 87 VT1100C - it looks like when the PO changed out the bars, he used the stock reservoirs (for the OEM curved bars) on the drags.

As a result, I can't see anything behind me, as the mirror stems are too "short" for the angle of the mounts. :mad: I can see the tops of my shoulders but that's it. I can't get the mirrors any further out to where I can see behind me. My local dealer advised that it's not worth changing the reservoirs to fix this.

Is there a longer, "flatter" mirror stem you guys know of? Should I take a crack at bending my stock stems to run more parallel with the drags?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
If you get some with a longer rod you can just bend them to the angle you need. Any part supplier will have mirrors.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have the same problwm im thinking about checking into some mirrors that mount on the end of the handgrips.
I experimented with those when I was doing the cafe. Ended up in an exercise of futility as they stick out so far you’ll never walk through your garage w/o hitting them, or hitting them on stuff as you move the bike. I imagine all the way on the end of the grips that they would shake like a crack whore also and be useless for seeing.

If you are handy you can make your own custom stems (I did) and keep your mirrors. Mine go straight out w/o that (stock) RV mirror look.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
I made some at work for my Zuki, Not a widely used size stock so I have to wait until they run the job they use it on again to make more, Also need to add a little more bend to them, Hard to get the right bend when you don't have the bike to check them on with you, Pushed the mirrors out 2 1/2 inches on each side and worked out perfect for seeing behind me now. Just for referance, I have the same mirrors on my shadow in my profile pic so you can see how far I went LOL

Dauntae

·
Registered
325 Posts
OT: I hadn’t noticed how you had sorta folded those mirrors back on themselves razor78016. Very cool solution!

If you are going to bend the stock stems it might be a good idea to experiment on a second set of stems, keeping your stock pair for safety. A trick I learned the hard way over MANY years of modding. Just so happens I have a pair of stems for sale in the sale forum. ;-)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts