Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you don't want to wear a helmet and your state doesn't require it...then don't wear one. But please God...don't try and justify your actions by what ifing the crash data...or what has alway been COMMON SENSE knowledge...which is having a protective helmet over your brain will help you survive should you bump your noggin. No.. crash data doesn't contain every piece of information we wish it did so we could really say helmets are safer or not...but did you need an infrared heat gauge with triple flux capacitors to know the stove was hot...or was it just common sense? I don't need crash data to tell me that a helmet is safer than no helmet...or that a full face is better than a half helmet...I know this already. And I for one would not want to live with myself if someone died or became a vegetable because I talked them out of wearing a helmet for my own stupid anti helmet propaganda reasons. So in closing...I am pro choice...I think it should be an option....but don't try and say helmets dont help, or gun locks don't protect children, or condoms are black magic, or democrats are good for this country....all equally ridiculous statements in my book ??

·
Registered
23 Posts
I never said helmets don't protect. States are using faulty, directed studies to justify helmet laws. I wonder if there was ever a study done on fractures necks due to helmets.
I think states, like with seatbelts, made the law to protect people from themselves. They really don't need stats to prove a helmet is safer than no helmet in my opinion...again it's common sense. People argue that seatbelts should be choice, not law. If every action that only effected a single person (theoretically) was not illegal...then drugs, suicide, helmets, seatbelts, etc and so on would have to be legal. But part of governments job is to protect, I'm sorry, dumb people from themselves. Because when you think it should be a choice because it's a victimless crime...they usually effect more than just yourself. Getting way too political now so I'm out...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.