Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
I was riding with apes in 1964. Haven't much thought about them since those days.

·
Premium Member
4,593 Posts
I was riding with apes in 1964. Haven't much thought about them since those days.

I had one of them back then Beezer and Fond memories of it ! :)

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
i'm remembering my 68 trumpet :) 8" on the front; brassed fork springs exposed; 4"dog bones" two finger z-bars; sportster tank; tt pipes; solo seat; hardtail; 16" harley rear tire; chicken bar; pontiac orange w/pontiac yellow pinstripping. setting the dual points was a challenge. yeah, they were called limeys by the harley boys. and as to apes... for sure... as to stock... for sure... its all a winner.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Been a couple of days since I started mine. I love old British bikes and will probably always have them. Something though they require besides kick starting. They're built with engineering and manufacturing techniques from an entirely different era. Just something someone has to keep in mind when thinking about purchasing one. They're still building Triumphs and they're wonderful machines but the old ones require about as much time tinkering as the time spent riding them, or they will remind you.
Something you have to keep in mind.

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Been a couple of days since I started mine. I love old British bikes and will probably always have them. Something though they require besides kick starting. They're built with engineering and manufacturing techniques from an entirely different era. Just something someone has to keep in mind when thinking about purchasing one. They're still building Triumphs and they're wonderful machines but the old ones require about as much time tinkering as the time spent riding them, or they will remind you.
Something you have to keep in mind.

mmm just like these..yeah I hear ya on that

·
Registered
354 Posts
Here's an old Thunderbolt I built in 2012. I built it inside my kitchen because it was so cold. Wrecked it several months after building. Spent a month in the hospital and RE-built it when I got out. I call it Betty Crocker. I like to ride this through the neighborhood early Sunday mornings. I think of it as a neighborly service.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Lucas Electronics.....hmmmmm.....didn't he go on to invent Star Wars?

Just teasing you, Crazy Dave.

Ape it; why not.
Good luck.

·
Registered
99' Valkyrie/North Central Indiana
9,452 Posts

This is like the one I got for my 12th. B Day in 65'. $50 out the door.

Now as far as the Tramp is concerned the "oil in the frame" (72' and after) models weren't their best handling machines. Kinda put Truimph out of business along with other problems they had. Loved the 68' Bonnevilles.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts