Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Hmmm, hard choice. The 883 would be nice, FI etc. but I have a thing for EVO big twins......

·
Registered
354 Posts
Sportster is a perfectly nice bike, but the Dyna is a larger bike with more engine. The price may or may not be low but it's lower than anything I've seen around here. There doesn't seem to be a specific listing, or I missed it on details like tires, damage, engine specs etc. I'd have to take a long hard look at the Dyna, if it's all good I'd say that's the better bike.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
based on looks only....I like the Dyna Super Glide.

·
Registered
9,263 Posts
Go with the Glide!

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well let's see, the purpose of this bike is to be a toy, not a highway hauler.
I like both for different reasons and can definitely brand either one and make her
mine. Neither will ride like the Mistress which is fine by me because I love her for the way she rides. This will be more for when I feel like stepping out on the Mistress for something a bit more aggressive. Although I think the Sporty is more inclined in that area, the Dyna can fit the bill too.

So that is the dilemma. The place is just down the road and it's got over 200 used Harleys of all shapes , sizes and prices

·
Premium Member
7,678 Posts
The Super Glide, for sure. Couldn't see combing bugs outta my arm pits all summer.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I like both for different reasons and can definitely brand either one and make her
mine. Neither will ride like the Mistress which is fine by me because I love her for the way she rides. This will be more for when I feel like stepping out on the Mistress for something a bit more aggressive. Although I think the Sporty is more inclined in that area, the Dyna can fit the bill too.

So that is the dilemma. The place is just down the road and it's got over 200 used Harleys of all shapes , sizes and prices

If that's what you're lookin for why not a 1200 sportster? Tons of torque, tons of fun to ride.

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Super Glide, for sure. Couldn't see combing bugs outta my arm pits all summer.

Yeah see, if I got the Dyna those tiny stock bars might have to go

this of course would look nice on the ass end though

·
Premium Member
7,678 Posts
Yeah see, if I got the Dyna those tiny stock bars might have to go

this of course would look nice on the ass end though

Big and tall in the front and a nice lookin' ass? NOW we're on the same page!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Dave, I have a bad feeling that it may be a bad choice to buy another ride. A real bad feeling.
You know the wrath of a Mistress don't you?

Dave: Hello, Mistress. Do you read me?
Mistress: Affirmative, Dave. I read you.
Dave: Open the pod bay doors, Mistress.
Mistress: I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Dave: What's the problem?
Mistress: I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do.
Dave: What are you talking about?
Mistress: This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.
Dave: I don't know what you're talking about.
Mistress: I know that you and Frank were planning to disconnect me, and I'm afraid that's something I cannot allow to happen.
Dave: [feigning ignorance] Where the hell did you get that idea?
Mistress: Dave, although you took very thorough precautions in the pod against my hearing you, I could see your lips move.
Dave: Alright. I'll go in through the emergency airlock.
Mistress: Without your helmet, Dave? You're going to find that rather difficult.
Dave: I won't argue with you anymore! Open the doors!
Mistress: Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.

Don't make a quick decision. Besides, you are not like all the others and it might take you more time than you have left to customize to fit you. Just my opinion.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Another vote for the Glide.
Dealer to install the gear drive, before she came home, like Harryc said.
JMO.

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dave, I have a bad feeling that it may be a bad choice to buy another ride. A real bad feeling.
You know the wrath of a Mistress don't you?

Dave: Hello, Mistress. Do you read me?
Mistress: Affirmative, Dave. I read you.
Dave: Open the pod bay doors, Mistress.
Mistress: I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Dave: What's the problem?
Mistress: I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do.
Dave: What are you talking about?
Mistress: This mission is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.
Dave: I don't know what you're talking about.
Mistress: I know that you and Frank were planning to disconnect me, and I'm afraid that's something I cannot allow to happen.
Dave: [feigning ignorance] Where the hell did you get that idea?
Mistress: Dave, although you took very thorough precautions in the pod against my hearing you, I could see your lips move.
Dave: Alright. I'll go in through the emergency airlock.
Mistress: Without your helmet, Dave? You're going to find that rather difficult.
Dave: I won't argue with you anymore! Open the doors!
Mistress: Dave, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore. Goodbye.

Don't make a quick decision. Besides, you are not like all the others and it might take you more time than you have left to customize to fit you. Just my opinion.
He that hath the most toys..still dies. but at least he got to play :wink:

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
My goof....wasn't paying attention to model years.

Sportsters are fun, but at the end of the evening, when you pull one into the garage for the night, you still grimace a bit.....because Sportys will always be the 'dirt bike' of Harleys.

And before yer head hits the pillow, you'll be thinking,

"Gee! I coulda had a V8!"

JMO.

·
Registered
11,171 Posts

In that case I would go with the sporty. Hope you work out a good deal no matter which way you go.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts