Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,878 Posts
This tire-goo thing keeps popping up.. Never know where to get the tires sprayed though?? Sounds like one of those brilliant ideas that never quite has backing enough to go much of anywhere..Which.. If it works.. And it looks like it does ...Is a-bit of a shame :(

·
Registered
147 Posts
I always used "Slime" in bicycle tires, both with and without tubes, when I lived in Arizona. It was a must have item with all the thorns in the road. Saved a lot of money as well. Each of those tubeless tires was about $120.

I see no reason you couldn't just use "Slime". Any bicycle shop will sell it. Remove the core. Pour in the Slime. Then ride around for 5 minutes to distribute the material throughout the tire or tube. Any small hole will be sealed and you probably wouldn't even know it.

Slime saved a lot of my training rides and money.

·
Registered
467 Posts
This Rhino tires stuff has been around for quite a few years. And for some reason (good/or/bad), it just never seemed to catch on. Somehow I have my doubts about it. If it were that good, everyone would want to get on the bandwagon. Right?
Maybe it seals your tires to the rims and takes twelve clydesdales to pull it off???
Sounds and looks like the "lf it sounds to good to be true" theory.

·
Registered
260 Posts
My question is this... With all those puncture holes in the tire how is the structural stability of the tire? I can't imagine taking a hard curve under speed with a hundred little holes in it after that...

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
check out Ride-on...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts