Honda Shadow Forums banner

Mocking them up

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  CrazyDave 
#1 ·

See less See more
#3 ·
Most likely, haven't pulled the controls or tank off yet but from eyeballing I am thinking at least 4 inches.. nothing motionpro can't handle. Still in the playing stages though.. they will either go on the mistress or a Sporty.

#6 ·
Hey Dave. I've considered a few upgrades to my Sabre to improve my passenger's ride.

I've thought about a trunk with the wrap around passenger backrest. The ones I've seen on eBay attach to the luggage rack. Tell me about yours. Is it solid? Does your passenger like it?

How about the passenger floorboards? Are they more comfortable than the pegs?

Ride safely,
John.

#7 ·
In regard to the trunk itself it is a mixed bag.. does the basic job well and has survived three years thus far, it is a cheapy I think something like 118 bucks with the backrest and chrome rack. The lock did not last long so a bungee holds it closed. Still it has enough room for two helmets, rain gear and a few small items. Linda is quite comfy on it. I fastened it to the luggage rack with four hose clamps which are still holding strong. I also wired some plastic skull brake lights to it. The mini floor boards ( about 50 bucks ) were a godsend to Linda whose feet were constantly fatigued by the stock round pegs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.