Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vehicle Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Fuel tank

Fuel tank Tire Automotive fuel system Vehicle Wheel

Automotive parking light Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Please excuse any ignorance this is my first time working on anything. Does anyone know of an easy mod I could do to this plastic piece to make this tjbrutal tank fit my vt750 spirit? I was hoping not to have to tackle velocity stacks just yet because it seems a bit outside my skill level.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Before you do all that, you should do a search on here with keywords "TJBrutal" and "my bike wont run"

My 1st question would be: Why do you want a tank that will only get you 70 miles?

And I'd read this before messing with the air intake, there's a reason it has that convoluted shape,,,

Resonant Air boxes: Theory and Applications
will do. thank you for the info. 馃檹

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Before you do all that, you should do a search on here with keywords "TJBrutal" and "my bike wont run"

My 1st question would be: Why do you want a tank that will only get you 70 miles?

And I'd read this before messing with the air intake, there's a reason it has that convoluted shape,,,

Resonant Air boxes: Theory and Applications
After reading and looking around some more I鈥檓 considering bending the plastic of the air box with a heat gun. Is this a terrible idea?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you only need a LITTLE bit of extra space, you might get away with it. Otherwise, that box has been made that specific size for 鈥榬easons鈥. Change it drastically, and you鈥檒l be changing the way air is delivered to the carburetors in a way that might affect performance. If you鈥檙e set on this, check out EBay or salvage yards for a used/junk air box or two, as most should be in good shape. Then you鈥檒l have a replacement if things go horribly wrong with the reshape.

Otherwise, either abandon the mini-tank idea, or give the velocity stacks a try.
thats great advise thank you. After pondering it some more I鈥檓 thinking of doing pod filters and diving in on resetting the carb

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Howdy Trevynne!

These little Hondas are kinda set in their ways. There's no easy way to just bolt on an aftermarket tank without needing some complex mods. You may need to machine some custom parts just to make it fit.

In my opinion...just putting that tank on while keeping everything else on the bike would not look very good. You may want to think through how you want the bike to look and then start working backwards. Drawing up a sketch of your final "look" would help with visualization. Then decide what parts will stay, what parts will go, what parts can be purchased and what part will need to be custom made.

These guys -- Revival Cycles -- can be a source for some inspiration as well as a source for some custom parts. I've visited their shop quite a few times and have seen some amazing work.

Good luck!
Ya I was thinking since this tank was made to fit the frame of the spirit it would be an easy mod but I should have known better. you Don鈥檛 know what you don鈥檛 know until you try it I guess

1 - 5 of 5 Posts