Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I find the exact model number of the bike I just purchased? It's a Honda Shadow 600 but I'm not sure if it's a VT 600C, VLX or something else?
Thanks

·
Registered
17,923 Posts
Unfamiliar with your model..
However the model # should be near the neck of the frame, behind the front fork tube on the right side as MOST are...

Welcome

·
Registered
614 Posts
I think it might be different on earlier years but my 2007 VLX is right side frame under the engine. You have to bend down to see it.

·
Read Only
2,714 Posts
It's either a VT600C or a VT600CD. Both are VLX. One is Deluxe. Compare. (Seems like the difference is 6 lbs of paint.) What color is yours?
There are a few other minor differences between regular VLX and Deluxe models; chrome key switch cover, and possibly a few other differences, but I think that's about it. The only reason I know is that my wife got the Deluxe model.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My 2002 Honda Shadow Spirit shows model number VT750DC on the steering column, and the owner's manual.

The question is, some places add more characters after that. What do the added characters mean? How to know which one my bike is?

Examples:
Partzilla.com shows VT750DC followed by choice of: A/A, A/B, A/C, AC/A, AC/B, and
nadaguides.com adds a "2" like this: VT750DC2.

Also, what does the "DC mean anyway...maybe "dual carb?" Looks like there was also a model CD, which is confusing.

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,238 Posts
Color, as jpr1968 posted. Don't know if this list is reliable or not but it is one I've found. Seems ColorRite has a good site for getting the right paint though I haven't bought any.

The question is, some places add more characters after that.
Some places even change the "numbers." Example: My bike is a VT1100C2 but the (now defunct) dealer that sold it to me listed it as a VT1100D2.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts