Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back on 2/1/2011 I started a thread in the technical section. In it I mentioned that I was sending my 2008 Spirit's seat to MeanCityCycles to be modified. The appointmenat date for the work was 2/18. They called me at 10:52am and told me it was finished and was on it's way back to me!
Wow!!! Talk about fast service. I figured that I would be called much later in the day.

Anyway, next week I will let you all know how much better riding is on my "new seat".

Don't buy a new seat, revive the old one with
MeanCityCycles.8)

Mike

P.S. - My Roadcrafter One-piece suit will arrive on the same day. I'll send pictures.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Looking forward to hearing how it comes out. I'm sending mine in to Mean City Cycles to have it done on March 9.

Good luck

·
Registered
220 Posts
I sent my seat from my 2001 Spirit 1100 and the appointment is today (2/21). I can't wait to get it back either! I went with the extreme modification, lower to the max, and move back an inch.

I look forward to seeing your pics and also getting my seat back

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Looking forward to hearing about the results. Was it the factory seat that they were modifying?
Yes it is. I liked the height and width of the seat, but it would become uncomfortable after about 45 minutes on it. I am having the 2" foam put in it. I hear I will be able to ride for over two hours when its done.8)

By the way, mglax13, how much did your packaged seat weigh and how did you ship it? How much did it cost? Just asking as my ten lb. box and seat cost $29 with Fedex.

Mike

·
Registered
220 Posts
By the way, mglax13, how much did your packaged seat weigh and how did you ship it? How much did it cost? Just asking as my ten lb. box and seat cost $29 with Fedex.

Mike
To be honest, I don't remember the weight of the seat, I have the receipt on my desk at work, I'll have to check tomorrow when I get back in, but sending it USPS Priority was like $18 I think from NY to NC

·
Registered
25 Posts
got mine back from them.....fantastic!!!!!! look,feel,and rides great!!!!sorry no pics but my butt knows the real deal

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, Tuesday came and so did the weather - DSC00631.JPG

Waited until today to install seat. DSC00638.JPG DSC00651.JPG

I sat on it just briefly to see how it compared to its old self. There is a difference. That's all I can say for now. I can't wait for the weather to clear so I can ride it around.

Now, for the suit, this is my purchase - DSC00653.JPG DSC00654.JPG As you can see, it does fit DSC00656.JPG
I will say this... "The suit is very stiff when you first get it. It will take a few rides to soften up so that it is more comfortable."
I will keep you informed.8)

Mike

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
cool deal on the seat. hope it does the trick.

nice suit too. you look like a superhero in that picture. :) dig the built in reflectors. what model suit is it? is it a cold weather suit?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The suit is a Roadcrafter One-piece by Aerostitch. It is an all-weather, all-season suit. Easy to put on and take off. Has TF3 pads at the elbows, knees and shoulders. There are optional pads for the hips and back, but I didn't get them. Suit is stiff, very stiff right now. A few hundred miles and it should be OK.

All I had done to the seat was the memory foam modification. Had both the driver section and the passenger section done. I went out for a short run today (it was a little chilly and raw), and I can feel the comfort. I am looking forward to some warm days so I can do an extended run (a few hundred miles) and see how it really feels for the long haul. 8)

Mike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts