Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at another post I ran across this quote:
I am 6' and the 19 inch fits perfectly using the guide line of your nose coming to the top of the shield while seated.
What is this "guide" I've heard of? Does it benefit the rider? I haven't been extremely comfortable with my Memphis 21 being so tall - I look through it. On the other hand, the touring bikes' windsheilds have quite the area of square inchage.

What's the scoop?

·
Registered
259 Posts
One thing to watch for is the top of the shield cutting through your field of vision, kinda like lined bifocals, guess you might say. Can be confusing to the sight. I am 6-1 and look through mine. (21") But then, there's the rain factor if you look through the shield rather than over it. If I had it to do over, I would have tried a 19" first. ...I think.. or maybe not... For debris protection, the 21 is better for me. But then there's the rain...but I don't ride in the rain much, if at all...

Nothing is simple. :?

·
Registered
259 Posts
So who the hell is "thumb" anyway, and who made him the boss of windshields? :evil:

I've been thinkin' about having mine cut down, do stealers do that or am I gonna have to take it to a glass shop or sumpin'?

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
There is instructions floating around for cutting your windsheild. I'll look around for them and post them if I find them.

I look through mine too. I never have any problem, even in the rain. I use Rainx on it and the water just runs off. Alot of folks say it will discolor the sheild but I haven't noticed it yet.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Paulie said:
There is instructions floating around for cutting your windsheild. I'll look around for them and post them if I find them.
Thanks much, but never mind on the instructions. We DON'T put sharp moving tools in our hands. Not at all. :shock:

·
Registered
270 Posts
byg_mi said:
Looking at another post I ran across this quote:
I am 6' and the 19 inch fits perfectly using the guide line of your nose coming to the top of the shield while seated.
What is this "guide" I've heard of? Does it benefit the rider? I haven't been extremely comfortable with my Memphis 21 being so tall - I look through it. On the other hand, the touring bikes' windsheilds have quite the area of square inchage.

What's the scoop?
I think I'm guilty of that quote . The guideline comes from Memphis themselves .
And what other said is the why , rain , distortion of the view , being able to see over it .

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You might be guilty Aero, but not in a negative sense!

I kinda had all those issues in mind: rain, bugs, glare, etc. So far it hasn't been a huge issue for me. i have experienced the "bi-focal" effect on my dad's machine. I guess i won't worry about it, but I'll always keep my eyes open for a deal on a shorter windsheild, that is if I can see through mine! :eek: :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You might be guilty Aero, but not in a negative sense!

I kinda had all those issues in mind: rain, bugs, glare, etc. So far it hasn't been a huge issue for me. i have experienced the "bi-focal" effect on my dad's machine. I guess i won't worry about it, but I'll always keep my eyes open for a deal on a shorter windsheild, that is if I can see through mine! :eek: :wink: :lol: I may look into some RainX as Paulie suggests

·
Registered
534 Posts
I replaced my "short" National Cycle Street EX with a NC Plexifairing 3 tall "look-thru " windshield for better winter protection...no visability problems at all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.