1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
549 Posts
that's a handsome bike. i think i read an article last november about a group ride of Norges up past the arctic cirle. i believe they were retracing Mr. Guzzi's route...i think?????

·
Registered
5,810 Posts
Nice scoot, but I can't envision owning a motorcycle from a company that calls its saddlebags "panniers". :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
264 Posts
It looks to be a great bike. Nothing wrong with lusting after that baby. 15K$ is more than I can justify for any bike right now. However a couple of bikes that I do lust after are in that price range. Unfortunately it just isn't doable at least not yet.

Benny

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ST

Sweet ride Ricky..... you're right, looks very comparable.

My problem is of course, being 5 foot 1 inch and 117 pounds-- not sure I could handle either machine. Sigh-- what I woudn't give for another 6 inches of height !!

I believe the Norge lowers to about 30 inches- still not sure that would be low enough.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Re: ST

denisep said:

My problem is of course, being 5 foot 1 inch and 117 pounds-- not sure I could handle either machine. Sigh-- what I woudn't give for another 6 inches of height !!

I believe the Norge lowers to about 30 inches- still not sure that would be low enough.
are you looking for a sport-tourer or just daydreaming (like i'm always doing)?

·
Registered
11,115 Posts
moto guzzi

Anything from Italy has to be good 8)

I may go to the dealership and make them an offer they can't refuse. :twisted:

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mike-- definitely day dreaming..... maybe in a year or so-- after I've gotten some experience under my belt, I may try something a little more challenging.

It's nice to have a goal.... keeps you young!

·
Registered
549 Posts
denisep said:
Mike-- definitely day dreaming..... maybe in a year or so-- after I've gotten some experience under my belt, I may try something a little more challenging.

It's nice to have a goal.... keeps you young!
most definitely!

when you're ready, i highly recommend the Kawasaki Z750S (and not just because i own one - see sig pic). over on the Z site, many small riders have lowered the rear with a dog bone link (easy mod) and installed hard luggage to turn the Z into a tourer. and at well under $7000, the Z is plenty of bike for the $$.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
at well under $7000, the Z is plenty of bike for the $$.
Now you're talking!!--- that's definitely something to check into!

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
Re: ST

denisep said:

May I suggest a pair of six inch ankle strapped pumps might just do the job. :lol:

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
May I suggest a pair of six inch ankle strapped pumps might just do the job.
What would I do without you people? Great suggestion Paulie!!! :wink:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hmmm. From what you said, the challenge with you is finding a sport bike that can fit your diminutive frame. Most sport bikes have a seat height of 30"+ and you're at, approximately for your height, a 26"-28" inseam? (forgive me if I'm way off):wink:

Mike's right. An easily modifiable sport bike might be your ticket for sport-touring if you don't want to ride a cruiser forever (nothing against cruisers, but sport/sport-touring bikes are typically better performers - which to me equals more fun!)

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Never rode a sports bike before anyway, and pretty sure my inseam is on the 26 end rather than the 28..... My in-laws call me "Stump". Lord, why won't old people die!!

Guess I'd better start with something small and work my way up. :cry:

·
Registered
658 Posts
That Guzzi is a nice looking bike.

Of course then again - I'm a sucker for a silver, big twin Sport-Tourer. :lol:

·
Registered
30 Posts
gat803 said:
Nice scoot, but I can't envision owning a motorcycle from a company that calls its saddlebags "panniers". :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey! I have panniers. :)

Sport touring bikes are a whole different animal. Mines much easier to handle than my old ACE750. Don't be afraid of them.

Old bike below.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I also feel obliged to mention that "Norge" means "Norway" in Norwegian. 8)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts