Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, looking pretty crappy outside now in Western Pa. so I thought id pass on a couple of great motorcycle adventure books that ive read over the years. First one is Zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance. More about Zen than maintenance. Robert Perseg takes his son on a cross country tour of all the places where he grew up and eventually lost his mind literaly. True story. Second is called Juipiters Travels. Cant remember the author, but the jist is a guy rides his bike around the world! Pretty damn interesting. Those are the only ones that come to mind, but maybe you all have some other suggestions.

Peace.......Brad

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
May I suggest the Daniel Meyer "Life Is a Road" books. I am on the second book...and truly enjoyed the first book. It is a collection of short stories about different rides and adventures Daniel has been on.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Spirit_1100 said:
May I suggest the Daniel Meyer "Life Is a Road" books. I am on the second book...and truly enjoyed the first book. It is a collection of short stories about different rides and adventures Daniel has been on.
I'm thinking about ordering them. They look like they'd be interesting.

http://lifeisaroad.com/

·
Registered
628 Posts
books

You might enjoy:

Against the Wind by Ron Ayres

Long Way Round by Ewan McGregory and Charely Boorman. They also have a two disc DVD on the same subject.

And, of course, Proficient Motorcycling and More Proficient Motorcycling by David Hough

There are some good articles on the website of Motorman Palladino www.ridelikeapro.com

Jim

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Ghost Rider by Neil Peart

In less than a year, Neil Peart lost both his 19-year-old daughter, Selena, and his wife, Jackie. Faced with overwhelming sadness and isolated from the world in his home on the lake, Peart was left without direction. This memoir tells of the sense of loss and directionlessness that led him on a 55,000-mile journey by motorcycle across much of North America, down through Mexico to Belize, and back again.

Neil is the drummer for the rock band Rush.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts