Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Where I work is only about 2 miles down the road from a large lime plant. I need some type of cover for my bike. Luckily I can park inside at home so this will be mostly for my work location. What suggestions do you folks have? I'm not looking for really expensive but I also don't want to buy a cover that only lasts a year. I did try the search function but the results I got were several years old

·
Registered
10,253 Posts
Yep Walmart cover is just fine. If you have an Ollie's store near you they had the Paul Jr covers cheap.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, I was wondering about the wally world covers. I'll have to stop and pick up one today or tomorrow.

·
Registered
2001 Valkyrie I/S
6,478 Posts
A lot of covers breathe and some dust does get through.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A lot of covers breathe and some dust does get through.
Some dust would be o.k. I just want to try and keep most of the lime dust off of my bike.

·
Premium Member
8,878 Posts
Do those cheaper bike covers require your pipes to be cool to avoid them melting onto your exhaust?

·
Registered
644 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
On soap box here, but all you guys who get your stuff at Wall Mart are supporting a company that pays their employees so badly that they are eligible for, and must get food stamps to feed their families. Think about that the next time you get frustrated about the number of people needing public assistance. I buy from my local mechanic and local shops unless it's obvious that they are gouging on the price. By buying local you are helping your community.
OK, now let me have it .

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts
On soap box here, but all you guys who get your stuff at Wall Mart are supporting a company that pays their employees so badly that they are eligible for, and must get food stamps to feed their families. Think about that the next time you get frustrated about the number of people needing public assistance. I buy from my local mechanic and local shops unless it's obvious that they are gouging on the price. By buying local you are helping your community.
OK, now let me have it .
Ok, here goes.......I agree! They financially screw us all by proxy through their own employees.

·
Registered
10,253 Posts
OK, now let me have it .
I promote local shopping as much or MORE than most here, BUT!
When it comes to a cheap bike shop cover verses a $15-20 Walmart cover, I'm sorry, I am saving $40 or more thank you. I have bought tons from local shops even though online is cheaper, I support local! Walmart supports local too, your area schools get money every year from them!
Walmart also employs a whole bunch of people that don't need public assistance, have numerous friends and family that have been there for years.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 13 of 13 Posts