Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you have a Nelson Rigg Defender 2000 cover. I was just curious as to what size to get. According to the website, my bike should take a XL but after reading some past threads, seems like I should go one size bigger an get an XXL for my ACE. Any opinions or comments?

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Hardy Nugget said:
I know some of you have a Nelson Rigg Defender 2000 cover. I was just curious as to what size to get. According to the website, my bike should take a XL but after reading some past threads, seems like I should go one size bigger an get an XXL for my ACE. Any opinions or comments?
Since your bike has a shield...I would definitely go with the next size up. I can't help you on the cover...but my Spirit used to live under a cover for a couple of years before I moved into an apartment that had a garage. They won't protect your bike 100%, but it is better than letting them stay in all the weather.

Joe

·
Registered
58 Posts
I agree with waytoloud. I have the xl larger cover from wal-mart, and for 20 bucks it works for me?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Another vote for the wal-mart cover. I can't get it to clip together on the bottom, but it still fits okay, I can stretch it over both wheels. BTW.. I bought a XL, and have a VLX, no windshield... is it just me, or did they size it wrong? I would figure you who have bigger bikes would need a much bigger cover.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I must have gotten a L in a XL box?

·
Registered
11,114 Posts
Waytooloud said:
XL nylon,vented motorcycle cover, walmart 19.95
don't spend the money on the other bullshit.
I was about to spend quite a bit more online....thanks for the tip..... :D

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have the Walmart cover too, works good for my bike, just gotta keep
the birds out from under it. They tried to build a nest on my Mustang seat, I know its comfortable, but I did'nt know the birds knew.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Trueseaker said:
I must have gotten a L in a XL box?
Well it IS wallmart where everything is made by people who don't speek inglish or ever read at all for that matter.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hardy Nugget said:
Get a CycleShell www.cycleshell.com THey're pricey but WELL worth it if you have to keep your bike outside. I had a Sport model for my Suzuki S40 but I'll have to get a Bike Barn www.bikebarn.com now because my giant apes wont fit in even the biggest cycle shell. I Hope the bike barn is as good as the CycleShell. The bike barn doesn't have a floor like the cycle shell but it looks decent. Some guy out in Colorado makes the CycleShells by hand and they are top notch quality. It's worth every penny. Give them a look.

You paid thousands for your bike. WHy not spend a few hundred on a cover?

Good luck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i'm with you Gene.it's lot easier to cover your bike with cycleshell. If you ride your bike every day, you definatly don't want to put the cover on and off everytime. pain in the butt and it doesn't really work at all when it's raining hard.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
[quote="Gene Frenkle

Good luck.[/quote]

:shock: um, because if you don't have to why would you! :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
327 Posts
Waytooloud said:
[quote="Gene Frenkle]

Good luck.
:shock: um, because if you don't have to why would you! :roll: :lol:[/quote]
Really, for that kind of money I'd build a shed, with electricity no less.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Waytooloud said:
ooh! and a fridge and grill! I'd never go in the house!
Waytooloud,

I'd never go in the house!

I think you might....if that's where your riding bud was.

John

1 - 20 of 22 Posts