Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
I am in the same group as you. We are in the double dead zone, over 50 and 3 to 5 years of riding time. Everyone tries to hang it on our generations love for big cruisers. I believe this to be horse pucky. The problem is we have a little diminished capacity in terms of reaction time and physical strength. The other big problem is our generations fondness for alcohol. I notice that I need to get off the bike every 50 or so miles where younger folks don't mind riding a tank of gas off. We are also in the generation that didn't have quality riding instruction in our youth.
Just remember to keep your head in the game, drive conservatively and defensively, and enjoy what is left of your happy time no matter how long it is.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
CrazyDave said:
Apart from a few power cruisers big inches mean little in the cruiser world, you would get yourself into as much if not more trouble with a inline 750 then a hulking 88 inch Harley.
Couldn't agree more Dave. I started with a friend who bought an FZ6 for his first bike. If I would have started with that bike, I wouldn't be here now. I still don't think I can handle that little light weight 600cc thing.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
sdbrit68 said:
joepool said:
Paulie said:
I believe this to be horse pucky.
Horse Hockey. It's Horse Hockey.
okay.....well, how do the horses lace up their skates ?????

sorry,couldn't resist
One hoof at a time, just like everyone else :)

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
chornbe said:
Paulie said:
CrazyDave said:
Apart from a few power cruisers big inches mean little in the cruiser world, you would get yourself into as much if not more trouble with a inline 750 then a hulking 88 inch Harley.
Couldn't agree more Dave. I started with a friend who bought an FZ6 for his first bike. If I would have started with that bike, I wouldn't be here now. I still don't think I can handle that little light weight 600cc thing.
Well, thankfully the FJR is heavier so you'll be much safer when I let you ride it.
I can handle the FJR I just can't find the pegs, thry're under my butt somewhere. Oh, and I can't chase it through the twisties (a nod back to the original theme of the thread)

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
The fact that data is old, doesn't, in and of itself, make the data invalid. The problem with the Hurt report is that it wasn't extensive enough to make valid conclusions for the entire motor cycle community. What is needed is an extensive study lasting in the neighborhood of 5 years that encompasses all the motorcycle accidents in the country. That would require the cooperation of all the state dots and all the country's traffic police. Having said that, "That probably ain't going to happen."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.