Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I should move, in the near future from Ohio to North Carolina. I'm expecting having to do again the drivers testing in order to get a driver liscense from NC, but what happens to the "M" printed in my Ohio liscence? :?:
Should I do again the testing for riding in North Carolina?

[/b]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
I do a lot of moving and almost never change my drivers liscense. My liscense plates (the more expensive) get changed though.
I never get pulled over
Glen
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
endorsement

North Carolina requires a written test for both the drivers license and the motorcycle endorsement ( two tests ) Road test at the discretion of the examiner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,349 Posts
According to the NC-DMV, they accept out of state MC endorsements. The only two states as of 2002 that did not was New Jersey and Rhode Island. That isn't to say that they won't require written tests.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,530 Posts
Just make sure that they notice the M endorcement on your license. My dad lost his endorcement years ago because the lady at the counter didn't notice it...and neither did he. And he didn't move...just renewed his license.

Good luck on your move.

Joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
429 Posts
That happened to my friend from Washington.

He walked out the door of the DMV and came back in right away and noticed his "M" was gone. The lady at the DMV said she didnt put it on the License cause she didnt think he wanted it, needless to say the DMV Manager got involved in this case and my friend left with a "M" on his license.

Spirit_1100 said:
Just make sure that they notice the M endorcement on your license. My dad lost his endorcement years ago because the lady at the counter didn't notice it...and neither did he. And he didn't move...just renewed his license.

Good luck on your move.

Joe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
327 Posts
Spirit_1100 said:
Just make sure that they notice the M endorcement on your license. My dad lost his endorcement years ago because the lady at the counter didn't notice it...and neither did he. And he didn't move...just renewed his license.

Good luck on your move.

Joe
Same thing happened to me. I had it years ago and lost it. I'm not even sure when I lost it, I've moved to a couple states over the years that I wasn't riding. I never even really thought of it till I decided to get a bike again. Oh well...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
I've had my Motorcycle Endorsement since 1973 and I always make sure it gets updated everytime I renew my license.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,520 Posts
It's very easy to any kind of lic in NC, we've been in the news lots over the past few years for letting every tom dick and harry have one.

Group of Illegals from NJ were even running charter busses to NC so their "clients" could get a ligit drivers lic.

I wouldn't expect for you to have much trouble making a transfer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
NC MC endorsment

Having just moved to NC,You will have to take only the written tests for your drivers and MC endorsment (two seperate tests ) Books are available at the DMV
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,119 Posts
I am another one that lost my M endorsement and my chauffeurs license I had for years during a move. I had to do everything all over again this summer and get my M endorsement by writing a test and taking a road test.
Since I no longer drive ambulances or funeral home cars I let the C endorsement go.

Be sure you make the examiner aware that you have an M endorsement and that you want to carry that onto your new license.

Good luck and congrats on the move.

Chris
 

·
Registered
'07 Shadow Aero 750
Joined
·
3,119 Posts
PopawPat said:
I've had my Motorcycle Endorsement since 1973 and I always make sure it gets updated everytime I renew my license.
+1

I've had mine since 1981 and it kept updating/renewing/transferring to every state I have lived in when I was in the USCG.

Butch A.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
508 Posts
I too, had mine deleted off my license years back. The lady said "I didn't think you wanted to renew it, you didnt ask." Assumption is the mother of all f***ups, IMO.
 

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
Joined
·
9,223 Posts
07VT750C2 said:
I too, had mine deleted off my license years back. The lady said "I didn't think you wanted to renew it, you didnt ask." Assumption is the mother of all f***ups, IMO.
That's not an assumption; it's a cover-up for her mistake.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,334 Posts
adlowe said:
07VT750C2 said:
I too, had mine deleted off my license years back. The lady said "I didn't think you wanted to renew it, you didnt ask." Assumption is the mother of all f***ups, IMO.
That's not an assumption; it's a cover-up for her mistake.
Here in Texas everytime I've renewed my DL they've asked if I want to keep my "M". I've never had to point it out to them.
 

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
Joined
·
9,223 Posts
puckothewilde said:
adlowe said:
07VT750C2 said:
I too, had mine deleted off my license years back. The lady said "I didn't think you wanted to renew it, you didnt ask." Assumption is the mother of all f***ups, IMO.
That's not an assumption; it's a cover-up for her mistake.
Here in Texas everytime I've renewed my DL they've asked if I want to keep my "M". I've never had to point it out to them.
Here in MI, I've always reminded them that I want to keep it and the response has been "Of course. I knew that." or something similar.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top