Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
4,772 Posts
IMO head shape is critical to fit, determine the shape of your melon first.
Fit is extremely important in the safety of the bucket you choose.

In my case I have a long oval head and take an XXL or larger helmet depending on the manufacturer, that makes selection of options easier due to the limitations.

My regular helmets these days were both on the cheap end of things a Gmax 3/4 helmet, DOT rated and LS2 Rapid Solid full face, DOT and ECE rated.
I use the 3/4 helmet mostly when riding in town, it is less safe, but in stop and go traffic it's less hassle.

I wear glasses and use clip-on shades from Walmart with them, I have not found a drop down visor that didn't annoy me in some way.
One of these days I'll probably get an Arai or another custom fitted Bell, but until then, I'm pretty happy with what I have.

I only go without a helmet when riding in the driveway or on the lawn.

·
Registered
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
4,772 Posts
I've got a Bell Bullit, it's a fullface but the visor is MASSIVE so it almost feels like a 3/4. I'm very fond of it.
BITD at one point I had a Bell Star 120 and it had and extra wide view port, but nowhere near the depth of that.
That has 1960's science fiction spaceman written all over it.

Back in the early 70's a friend and I rode our bikes to a National drag meet at a local track as spectators, me on my Triumph with a Bell Star and my friend on his Honda with a full face IIRC Shoei, at that point full face helmets were unusual for motorcyclists.
We parked next to a bunch of Satan's Choice and they took a liking to us, called us spacemen and gave us beer.
A good time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts