Honda Shadow Forums banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
I wanna play foots ball. Jimmy, you need a helmet then. No, I'll be OK, put me in coach. Jimmy, you don't under me stand. I under me stand, wezza lose'inn, come on coach, it's just a game. But it's almost like a sport called motor me cycle riding. I've been busting my head against the walls, I'm all practiced up, coach. Under me stand, Jimmy, I never wore HA helmet, and I don't know where under me stand was when my head was over there, the bike collected my head under me stand was the kick in the head mitt dat.

Ah coach, now I under me stand why I talk like used up cranial hit is too late. Cudda wore a V8.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
IMO, anyone who doesn't wear, or would choose not to wear a helmet, does not care much about themselves or their loved ones.
Even to a helmet advocate like me, these types of pronouncements are wearying. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
776 Posts
A game is more being bruised by a ball, a sprain running after it, kind of wimpee sissy games with a couple of ounces of bat, tennis racket weight.

Now take a real sport like using an implement to propel you faster than you can run, then it takes some gear to wear if you choose that sport. And when you're only protection is your skin and brain, you suit up for that kind ofshit or it spits you out like, use ain't twisting up that sport, Sport!

Signed,
No brains, no skin left to give to the sport

·
Registered
2013 Honda Shadow Phantom 750
4,395 Posts
It' called Medicaid.
This is true, however not everyone is entitled to receive Medicaid. So unless your comment about “all the vegetables on life support in the hospital” is referring to only people that have Medicaid, your comment is false.

To clarify my thoughts on this helmet discussion, most of the time I wear a helmet because I have to, the rest of the time I feel it is needed because of the way people drive (or rather don’t drive). Rush hour traffic, even in the semi rural area that I live in, is no place to be without a helmet. When riding around on the country roads I feel that it should be my choice. That is what my opinion boils down to,,,choice.

While we’re on the subject why are drivers of other types of vehicles not mandated to wear helmets. I am sure that if you look at the motor sports involving four wheel vehicles they all require helmets for safety. So why not the general motoring public? Could more lives be saved if everyone wore a helmet while operating a motor vehicle?

I am not saying anyone is wrong for wanting to wear a helmet while riding a bike. I’m not saying anyone is wrong for wearing a full face helmet. Wear what you want and like but if someone does not think as you do leave them be.

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
It was certainly not my intetion to ruffle any feathers. I prefaced my post by saying, it was my OPINION. I just want to keep my brain matter inside the shell.
I guess I will not express my opinions anymore. I'll keep them inside as well. ☺ ✌

·
Registered
1998 750 ACE
20,106 Posts
I`d wear a helmet 90% IF the law were changed here...
BUT running up the road to the neighbor house I most likely would not ;)

The helmet saved my potato when we skidded 140' down the pavement...
I sure am happy to see them scratches on my helmet rather than my headbone and the scuffs on my leather chaps & jacket rather than my knees, elbows, back and thighs...
I like to ride, I wear a helmet and I do not wear one when I have the choice too...
`T all depends on situation...

I do NOT like legislators making this choice for me,
Dennis

So that`s what IMO means??? ;)

Airbag suit & Seatbelts anyone???

·
Registered
2013 Honda Shadow Phantom 750
4,395 Posts
It was certainly not my intetion to ruffle any feathers. I prefaced my post by saying, it was my OPINION. I just want to keep my brain matter inside the shell.
I guess I will not express my opinions anymore. I'll keep them inside as well.
I did not post what it did to ruffle feathers either. Stating your opinion is fine because that’s what I’m doing and that is part of the way we all learn and folks have different opinions because they have different experiences, different training, and simply different beliefs. I do not think any less of you or anyone else that has different opinions than I do.

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Markiver

·
Registered
1998 750 ACE
20,106 Posts
Please understand @Hellhound78 >
It was NOT my intention to hijack this thread with my comment back at post #54...

Can we return this thread to the subject ??
Motorcycle helmet > What do you ride with???

AF04 Fulmer Full coverage > the 1/2 hat is American Standard
Yes, I like them Both and Wear them...

D

·
Registered
2009 Shadow Spirit 750
387 Posts
This comment is helmet related.... makes me think of the movie Wild Hogs that came out 15ish years ago...
Just as they're about to leave on their cross-country road trip... they are deciding on helmet/no helmet.
John Travolta's character: Maybe I don't want anything between me and the road.
Martin Lawrence's character: You will if your head falls on it.

·
Registered
1998 750 ACE
20,106 Posts
Come to think of it, Both helmets I currently use came from members here...
I wish I hadda log of these gifts so I know who to thank (again) ;)

Its always good to have a helmet between me & the road when needed,
Dennis

·
Registered
3 Posts
I wear a HJC.
It saved my life and my face.
I had a wiped out at 70 MPH I had no idea that my head hit and was scraping the ground big time. I only ride with a full-facer similar to the link I included. I crack my shield for air and I generally do not ride in hot weather. I usally ride early or at night. I only ride in good weather because on the day in question I left my leathers, jacket,paIhttps://www.amazon.com/FIRPOW-Sliding-Function-Charging-etc-6inch/dp/B08TLPB564/ref=sr_1_8?crid=34OQU2FH8PCZV&keywords=3d+moon+lamp+sliding&qid=1657314429&s=hi&sprefix=3d+moon+lamp+sliding+%2Ctools%2C75&sr=1-8

Thanks I changed the error. I wear a HJC, full facer. HJC CL-14graphite series DDED55. My bike during the build. lst pic is CB750 last The engine guards saved both bikes.
Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting Motorcycle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Land vehicle Plant

I tried po
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Odometer Speedometer Motor vehicle Gauge Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Attachments

61 - 74 of 74 Posts