Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since weather is too crappy to ride, i have been working out to music and discovered (via my son) the song: "sunshine highway" by dropkick murphys. makes me think of riding my mc on a warm, dry day -yea! any of you have a favorite "motorcycle" song? (besides "born to be wild"). maybe i will compile them and make a cd to listen to you on these winter days.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ride the wind-Poision
Shine-Collective Soul
Magic Bus-The Who
Cowboys like us-George Strait

dkight

Who's next ???

·
Registered
19 Posts
heading out to the highway judas priest
hell bent for leather judas priest
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
76 Posts
He doesn't have any motorcycle songs, but it's Kenny Wayne Sheppard for me.

Beck

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'll agree with the Kenny Wayne Shepherd...

Also throw in anything by Stevie Ray Vaughn.

My other list would be:

Escape - Journey
Life in the Fast Lane - Eagles
Keep on Runnin' - Journey

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'll throw in two country tunes... "Cowboys Like US," by George strait! and "Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy," by Big and Rich! :wink:

·
Registered
190 Posts
(besides "born to be wild").
Speaking of that ... did anyone see one of the little battery powered animated plastic figures that was selling in department stores (Wal-Mart I think) around Christmas, that is a chubby bearded biker dude on an HD that bounces up and down on the seat to the tune of "Born to be Wild"? A friend of mine got one as a gift, and wanted to give one to someone, but I can't find it now.

Rick

·
Registered
534 Posts
"Up around the bend" by CCR

·
Registered
209 Posts
Nothing super about it's melody or words, but, Long Lonesome Highway has been in my head since the 60's.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
rockyjr said:
(besides "born to be wild")
I'm not exactly sure what the definition is of a "motorcycle song" in this context. But since you mentioned the Steppenwolf song "Born to Be Wild," let me pipe up and say that the Steppenwolf album "16 Greatest Hits" had some great stuff on it besides "Born to Be Wild"

o "Snowblind Friend"
o "Magic Carpet Ride"
o "The Pusher" -- a Hoyt Axton song, believe it or not
o "Screaming Night Hog"
o "Tenderness"

The two I've highlighted in bold are songs which, if you've never heard anything but "Born to Be Wild," you'll be surprised when you hear hear the versatility of that band. "Snowblind Friend" might be my favorite Steppenwolf song of all time.

John Kay's voice is darn near unique in rock music.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Olivereaman. That would be Michael Parks of Bronson fame?
Now you've got me feeling old.
I think I would have to put Free Bird by Skynard on the list too.
So many good tunes so little time.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Highway to Hell........AC/DC

If that doesn't get you UP to ride......well, you better just stick to Lawrence Welk music !!!! :shock: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bullzeyet

1 - 20 of 95 Posts