Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My friend and I tried removing the crash bar on a Honda shadow spirit 750 and once we realized we would have to get the exhaust removed we quit and tried to put it back and forgot where all the washers and big thick rings go, does anyone have a diagram or a video of someone taking them apart so we can figure out how to put it back together

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
14,721 Posts
It helps to know what bike you have for the correct information.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
14,721 Posts
Reactions: ShadowAero8

·
Registered
548 Posts
He means the exploded diagram should give you an idea. But why not remove the exhaust? It can be dirty, but it’s technically one of the easiest things you can do...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He means the exploded diagram should give you an idea. But why not remove the exhaust? It can be dirty, but it’s technically one of the easiest things you can do...
We might take the exhaust off and finish it, but we still don’t know how to put it back together

·
Registered
548 Posts
Could be worse. My uncle came home from work one day to find his son and one of his friends had pretty much disassembled his entire second car! They had no clue where anything went, so he ended up trashing it... This is a good lesson, too. Smartphones have cameras! And voice recorders. Use them liberally during the disassembly...

Though I’m one to talk... 😳

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
171 Posts

·
Premium Member
2000 Honda Shadow Spirit VT1100C
3,367 Posts
My friend and I tried removing the crash bar on a Honda shadow spirit 750 and once we realized we would have to get the exhaust removed we quit and tried to put it back and forgot where all the washers and big thick rings go, does anyone have a diagram or a video of someone taking them apart so we can figure out how to put it back together
Contact the manufacturer's website for the crash bars you have, and hope like hell that they have a .pdf file with the assembly instructions.

If they don't, then you'll just have to try different sequences until you hit on the right configuration.

It will be a valuable lesson learned, one way or another.

·
Registered
1983 VT500C, 1985 parts VT700C
577 Posts
Guys who have crash bars on their bikes are either the smart ones...
OR the ones who have learned the hard way that a simple parking lot dump
can force your rear brake pedal through the side case of the engine...
and yes, that can happen, shockingly easy.
Funny how those newfangled foot pegs fold right out of the way and
let things get pokey...

·
Registered
06' VT1100C/99' GL1500C Valkyrie
8,852 Posts
A picture of the bars might help but....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts