Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade or be offensive and its possible that this video has been shared over and over. However, as a new rider I saw this video on another forum and thought it important enough to share on here. I also think it is sobering for both new and experienced riders alike and with all the questions on windshields, floorboards, fairings, etc. its worth it to see something like this to temper our passion and excitement with a serious does of reality.

http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/motorcycle_v.html

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
:shock: Sick. Now can we watch some films of auto wrecks, decapitations, maybe a really violent rape or two, gang beatings or maybe the little girl running down the road in Trang Bang,Vietnam naked with napalm burns all over her. Phfffffffffffft. :evil:

·
Registered
225 Posts
In drivers ed many years ago we saw some pretty messed up movies about car wrecks. Pretty graphic if I remember correctly. The "experts" seemed to have thought they were a good teaching tool.

Some of the woodworking sites I frequent have sections where people post stories of their shop accidents--no videos. I read them to help keep me humble, alert, and filled with a healthy sense of respect/fear for what I am doing.

This is certainly not a video you would like, and at times it was a little over the top, but perhaps it can be helpful for some of us.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
1. Situational awareness, well honed driving skills, attention to traffic laws.

If you don't do number 1 regularly you're wasting your money on gear. And the film definetly buzz kill, at least the 2 minutes that I watched

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks for posting
I´ve never seen this video but it should keep us awake.
I never ride unless I have a full gear on: helmet, jacket, trousers, boots and gloves.
Here in Iceland it´s against the law to ride without a full gear, call me stupid but this is the only thing that protects me when I´m riding so i´m wearing all the gear all the time.

Have a good one

Gunnar Már

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.