Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was interested in making my own stereo system for my motorcycle but was uncertain what to use.

I was planning on gutting an older blinker set off an older bike and installing 2 3" full range speaker. I understand that they have mini amps online but I don't want to spend 30$ on a chinese amp that only produces 15w RMS. Then I was wondering if anyone had experience using an automobile cd receiver / cd player 45X4w.

Does it draw too much power? Or is there anything that I would need to know.
}Thanks

·
Registered
506 Posts
I hear Shark makes good ones. I'll be picking one up in the near future. There are other threads on here with video clips.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wasn't certain where I was going to mount the player. I was thinking about stashing it in a fork bag. All I know is that those cd players are dirt cheap but that is a great point about the shock. Maybe I could put it on top of the indicator lights and fuses with some sort of dampener.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hear Shark makes good ones. I'll be picking one up in the near future. There are other threads on here with video clips.
I've read good and bad things about shark. Some people keep mentioning that their service is under par but others swear by them.

The thing is that many people on this website have an auto cd player, a set of computer speakers, and an extra set of tail lights. I may give it a shot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.