Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
You should probably address it at some point with another plate tacked on with a quick weld. Since that crossover weld was not really made to be structural, I suspect you'll see stress cracking which would be a more difficult to weld, possibly mandating exhaust replacement.

My experience has been that everything Honda has on a bike is there for a reason and there will be a downside from not doing a fix. That doesn't mean it has to duplicate the part, just pick up the load.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
My experience has been that everything Honda has on a bike is there for a reason and there will be a downside from not doing a fix.
Have to correct myself.....a few non-functional appearance additions on some bikes qualify as phhhhtttt! ; crappy plastic chrome jug caps on Aeros and Spirits, cast bolt-on ACE fins that are shimmed out and don't dump heat from the jacket, ACE jug top plates (chrome do-nothings that no one can see anyway). There are probably more.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.