Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'00 Shadow VT 600 VLX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, new to the forum, though I've learned a TON by searching through old posts. One thing I noticed while cleaning and re-greasing the turn signal selector was what appears to be a mounting bracket under the assembly. Two slots, a registration pin, and a disused threaded hole. Anyone know what this is for? I have a '00 VLX 600 if that matters.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Bumper Material property

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I suspect those are drain holes... My 1100 has them also, had never noticed. Do have signs of gunk coming out, no surprise as I've done literally thousands of miles in the rain.

Reactions: cyclejohn

·
Registered
'00 Shadow VT 600 VLX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I suspect those are drain holes... My 1100 has them also, had never noticed. Do have signs of gunk coming out, no surprise as I've done literally thousands of miles in the rain.
That would make sense, except they don't go through. The inside of the housing is solid in those areas.

·
Registered
491 Posts
what appears to be a mounting bracket under the assembly.

Two slots, a registration pin, and a disused threaded hole.

Anyone know what this is for?
It is not a mounting receptacle for anything.

The 2 slots are for water drainage.
If you open the housing and look inside, the protrusion that might look like a registration/clocking pin, allows for deeper penetration of the mount plate screw that keeps the electrical wires clamped.
The disused threaded hole is where the manual choke cable screws into the housing.

Hope this helps,
John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts