Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought this light kit, if you will. What do you guys think of it?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Very cool. How and where does it mount on your bobber?

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This particular side mount plate, mounts on the shock bolt which is were I have my mocked up one mounted. I used my stock plate holder and converted it to a side mount with working stock tag light.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I think the finned or whatever lights look really cool.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dimensions: 2 3/4" L x 1 3/4" W x 1 3/4" H

Its gonna look badazz...lol

·
Registered
84 Posts
they are going to look great on the bike!

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Neo.

I emailed the seller about what the grills were made of. The bodies are all steel and the grills are cast aluminum. Which is only a bad thing if you purposely slam them on the ground..lol

·
Registered
503 Posts
ok cool.
are they cast aluminum?
i had some cheepies that the last owner put on mine, and they snapped at the threaded stem.
not recommended.
ok i just read the description, they are cast aluminum.
be careful to put them in a place where you or your lady will not smack them with a leg mounting/ dismounting the bike.
thats what broke mine.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My wife won't be riding on this bike. They are goin on the one in my sig..lol. Only the grill is cast. But I'll be careful not to hit them too. thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks man. I should have them tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ordered more stuff.

I got a txt from my wife that the lights showed up right after I left today. Figures.:roll:

But this morning I ordered the rest of my accessories. This is all for my hopes of cleaning up my bars. My Christmas presents to my self. I got alot of work to do again...:D Sorry for the big pics.

Header wrap

Mini speedomter

Mini digital water temp gauge

Single cable throttle set.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update

Started cleaning up my bars today. I installed the single throttle grip and cable. Installed but not wired are the brake light /license brkt, and turn signals I ordered. Removed both switch housings and removed headlight bucket for paint. Also mounted my mini speedometer.

Wrapped 1 header pipe. I had to order another roll for the other pipe. Removed right side cover and mounted mt flush mount momentary switch and a toggle on/off.

I'll take pics tomorrow. The Header pipe came out sweet.

The headlight bucket and attaching brackets will be painted and the wirring done next week. She really looks great.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Clean bars and side cover switches.

Here's the pics.

Right now I have the headlight housing. The fuse housing and the upper tripple trees prepped for primer. I took the wire harnesses I needed off the bike and labled all the wires and safed off the ones I don't.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Should I wire a relay in with the momentary switch.

1 - 20 of 138 Posts