Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put 1000 miles on my new Aero so getting some use. does anyone know a source of MPH/rpms/gear for a 2015 Shadow Aero? ie. 3rd gear at 35mph equals ? rpms. must be a chart somewhere. Sure Honda has one but likely will not give to public.

Also, the manual says there is a tool kit ! Must be hidden inside the tire.

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Read the owners manual that came with the new bike. It will tell or show you where the tool kit is. As far as a chart I have never seen one. The gear shifting points are on the speedo's face.

In time you will get the feel of the engine and just know when you can shift.

As Capt. D says know your bike.

·
Premium Member
8,934 Posts
As far as RPM's Don't know.. Listen to your bike.. If it's lugging - even in the slightest - drop a gear.. If it's singing - raise a gear.. These bikes like to play more happily in the higher RPM ranges tho'..

Don't get too excited about your tool kit.. Remember - if you find it - and it's easy to miss - if you should find it - There's always the Home Depot... Check on top of your battery - under your seat, and inside the left side access panel - there should be a little keyed compartment behind that removable plastic panel; they sometimes hide stuff there.. It's a good place to keep your registration and insurance.. ;)

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
On my old 750 Aero the tool kit was behind the LH side cover, it in behind the plastic flap with the round key with the slot in it to put the key in to unlock :)

The owners manual was in there as well :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.