Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm signed up for MSF Basic this weekend, anything I should know ahead of time? It's been so long since I've been on a bike I shouldn't have any bad habits to break. I've taken my new bike on a couple of low speed spins around the cul de sac just to get the feel back, but that's about it.

·
Premium Member
8,857 Posts
Nah.. They teach you all you need to know to get started.. If they give you your State's motorcyclist written test as part of the course, you might want to head-on-down to the DMV to pick-up a copy of your State's motorcyclist handbook and read that a few times. But the riding part, that's pretty-much follow the leader type stuff and they make all that real fun, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.. ;)

Welcome to The Forum!

·
Premium Member
4,593 Posts
yes welcome aboard & enjoy the new ride. :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
howdy , if it is like some other places, you need to make sure all the lights and mechanical systems are working because they may inspect it.

lotsa miles and smiles to ya
ken

·
Registered
471 Posts
Just listen in the class and you'll be fine.
Enjoy! And welcome.

·
Premium Member
8,857 Posts
^^^ ...Same here..

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
Bikes provided here too. my son took the course and never road before, came out riding his Shadow 750 ACE like hes been riding for a while so no worries just study the written stuff as others have suggested and if your state is like ours you can just go straight to the DMV and show them your paperwork and get your licence!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I thought the MSF provided the bikes for the BRC? They do here.
Bikes are provided here as well.

pastordave1 said:
if your state is like ours you can just go straight to the DMV and show them your paperwork and get your licence!
That's the case here as well, BRC counts for your written and road test as long as you get your license within 90 days of completion.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The MSF is a must in my book. Don't sweat it and have a great time.
I recommend it for everyone, whether you ride or not. Have fun.

·
Registered
17 Posts
MSF course

I took the course in 2008. I liked it so much and think it's such a worthy training that I will probably take it again. Old dogs like me CAN learn new tricks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts