Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time owner and rider.
Been riding for the past three weeks.
I completed MSF Basic Rider Course last week and just received my Motorcycle endorsement.
I went for a 30mile ride today and braved going on the Highway for the first time it was a exciting ride.
There was little traffice in one direction on the way back there was heavy traffice and decided to stay in the slow lane and creep forward with the traffic.
I am not ready to split the lanes like fellow riders that passed me.
I will ride again tomorrow once again..

Al Rivera

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Congrats.

I've been riding for over 30 years and, just today, passed my knowledge test. Might have my endorsement in the next couple weeks.

And I still won't split lanes like those other guys.

·
Registered
225 Posts
to be honest, after close to 20 years on motorcycles (first was a Bridgestone 100 at around 8 years old) i still RARELY split lanes. but then again i am an EMT with firsthand knowledge of what we look like after we try to split lanes and miss.

Congrats on passing the course and here's wishing you many years of safe riding!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Know how you feel

I just finished the course 2 weeks ago. I know a whole lot more than I did before the course, but I'm still really just certified to ride in parking lots. I got out on the road for the first time yesterday, but still need a lot more riding time before I'm going to feel super comfortable in traffic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.