·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
955 Posts
Negative on the Townsend Tennessee...

I followed that story as it developed on another forum.
Somebody posted a news alert about his disappearance followed up shortly by a copied post from his wife's Facebook asking for prayers or info. >> here<<.
It was very sad to follow.
I posted a thread about it here at HSN .
I'll never forget his name.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I read your thread here, I didn't put two and two together. It took reading this article and seeing the pictures that put the whole thing together for me. Sucks

·
Premium Member
7,411 Posts
That is one sad story. May the wheels of justice turn quickly and may they rot in hell when they stop turning.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Wow. I'm at a loss for words. I remember reading the post that @Stranger posted. Terrible stuff. Said it's a death penalty case. They deserve every bit of what they have coming to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,773 Posts
Jeez.. Three guys organized enough to rig a truck to go out and steal bikes; didn't occur to a-one of them to get up in the morning and go get a real job - like everybody else, instead. Some deserve what comes to them. Others surely don't. A real shame. Seems like Larry was a pretty good guy whose passing left a sizeable hole in other people's lives..

The older I get, the less these things make any sort of sense to me.

Reactions: Big Shrek

·
Registered
02 1100 Spirit / 2012 Goldwing
4,909 Posts
I remember the story. Read alot about it made me sad and angry. I really cant stand a thief!

ride safe !

·
Registered
129 Posts
Poplar Bluff is my old stomping ground. Sikeston is only about 49 minutes away. Both towns have a bad reputation. I never realized how bad until I moved away. The whole thing sounds like a horror movie. Those guys should be drug behind that Harley until unconscious and then revived with an alcohol bath then left out in a cotton field. There is no place in this world for scum like that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This story is indicative of some of the problems faced when traveling long distances on a bike. The dude in question was on a multi day trip with some buddies, started heading home on his own and due to weather circumstances had to spend the night in an unfamiliar place. Someone tried stealing his stuff. He didn't stand for it and tried stopping the process. Ended in a murder. I guess it can also be a testimony to the world we live in now. Some old dude tries standing up for his stuff and three thugs kick, beat and leave him dying by himself in a field. No human compassion at all. Of course, those three people wouldn't of been in the motorcycle stealing business if there weren't plenty of people out there in the stolen motorcycle buying business. It takes one to feed the other.

Things like this is another reason I stay in "better" (yeah I know that sounds snobby) hotels when I travel. For one, I do enough camping when I'm out hunting and guiding along with the fact I've spent the better part of a couple of different years sleeping on rocks in both northern Iraq and throughout Afghanistan and its neighboring countries. I'm not sleeping on a hammock or ground pad after a day of riding on two wheels..... but to each his/her own. I've yet to find a good hotel that won't allow you to park your bike right at the main entrance, typically under a shade, and with continuous video surveillance. I have a friend of mine who had two 650cc dirt bikes stolen out of the bed of his pick-up in the middle of the night when his truck was parked not far from his motel room door. If I remember him telling it right, it was even in the middle of a rain storm. Thieves like that prey on these situations. As said on the article, these POS's/scum of the earth headed out that evening planning on stealing a bike... a bike parked outside of a motel alongside a highway.

Maybe Larry shouldn't of tried to protect his property. Some will argue that. I disagree. Maybe he should of been packing a weapon and barked off a couple of rounds at the perpetrators. That can be debated also. What is known, and unarguable is that motels located alongside highways are magnets for those looking to do others wrong. If you are passing through an area that you don't know, then it might behoove you to pass these places by, spend a couple of extra dollars and stay the night somewhere you don't have to post a security watch.

Larry Weaver, the victim in the article was an acquaintance of a friend. I think I shook his hand at Sturgis one time. Hearing stories about him it seems like he was quite they guy. Made numerous friends in some motorcycle forum similar to this one. Organized rides and got people to get out and meet others. I've never heard one foul thing about him. I probably wouldn't of been able to pick him out of a line-up with a little help, but no person, no where deserves what he got. The rest of us riding motorcycle community should at least take note of what happened, learn from it. I'm hoping to hear from someone who might be able to participate in his memorial ride this coming year so I can attend vicariously through them.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't know man. Here on this earth, I have to disagree with you. There's a butt ton of predators out there who have been thieving and other dastardly actions for years and have been getting away with it. Three people equally involved in this crime. One squealed so he or she will probably get a light or reduced sentence. Probably be back on the streets in a couple of years meaner and smarter, and doing the same damn thing.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don't know man. Here on this earth, I have to disagree with you. There's a butt ton of predators out there who have been thieving and other dastardly actions for years and have been getting away with it. Three people equally involved in this crime. One squealed so he or she will probably get a light or reduced sentence. Probably be back on the streets in a couple of years meaner and smarter, and doing the same damn thing.
Here's on earth...yes. Which so often is a much worse sentence than getting your butt in a sling here that causes one to stop and think about eternal consequences. Better now than when its too late.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts