Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright guys... Well I do have to put this bluntly. I love my shadow to death, BUT it didn't completely fill my biker soul... Especially trying to ride 2 up @ 85mph into a 25mph headwind! :roll:... So I did some number crunching and belly button scratching and a little cursing along the way and here is the finished product... It's a 2006 Electra Glide Ultra Classic (FLHTCUI) with only 20k miles... Completed stage one upgrades and ready for many happy miles under my ass! :shock: It has a full stereo as well as a CB!

I met with her today and took her for a nice little test ride. I'm getting new tires and a few other small things taken care of and will own her next friday!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I hope she is happy :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well she is 12 years old already and only has 20k miles on it... She is just getting broke in and I'm gonna put around 1-1.2k a month on her!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
But will he still talk to us after next Friday ????:lol:
I'm still here!

You'll love it! Those bikes are damned comfortable for two-up riding and a nice leisurely ride. I rode my uncle's '14 street glide and contemplated a touring bike myself for the comfort but I'mm still young and love to ride pretty aggressively and I dont want too heavy a bike i town.

Just be sure to have those cam chain tensioners checked out, I'd upgrade to the screamin' eagle hydraulic set up if funds allow.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm still here!

You'll love it! Those bikes are damned comfortable for two-up riding and a nice leisurely ride. I rode my uncle's '14 street glide and contemplated a touring bike myself for the comfort but I'mm still young and love to ride pretty aggressively and I dont want too heavy a bike i town.

Just be sure to have those cam chain tensioners checked out, I'd upgrade to the screamin' eagle hydraulic set up if funds allow.
I'm only 23, but the doc says my back MRI is that of an 83 year old man... I do ride fairly aggressively, but I wanna do it in more comfort...

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
NICE ride....enjoy!
Ride safe; ride smart.

~Gnarly

P.S. Thank you for your Service to my Country.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I'm only 23, but the doc says my back MRI is that of an 83 year old man... I do ride fairly aggressively, but I wanna do it in more comfort...
Man! Thats rough! I'm 21 and I feel I have worse back than I should. Worked on and around farms all my life and I often have slight discomfort in my back as well.

Didnt mean to make it sound like those bike cant ride aggressively, they're just not my first choice... gotta love the dynas for that! :twisted: I've see my GF's dad scrape peg on his road king on some rides, as well as another old timer on a street glide! They can still get down, it just takes a little more work.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Man! Thats rough! I'm 21 and I feel I have worse back than I should. Worked on and around farms all my life and I often have slight discomfort in my back as well.

Didnt mean to make it sound like those bike cant ride aggressively, they're just not my first choice... gotta love the dynas for that! :twisted: I've see my GF's dad scrape peg on his road king on some rides, as well as another old timer on a street glide! They can still get down, it just takes a little more work.
I usually scrape a peg on my shadow about 3 times a week!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I just checked out the Specs for the 2006 Harley-Davidson FLHTCUI Ultra Classic Electra Glide

Wow it's got it ALL! Beautiful Bike!

2006 Harley-Davidson FLHTCUI Ultra Classic Electra Glide
The one thing that gets me is that it says it has a vibration isolated motor... When I was standing by it at idle that motor shakes like hell (traditionally speaking) and I can visibly tell the rest doesn't shake much, but sitting on it HOLY HELL @ idle!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts